PDA

View Full Version : DHC and the NCMA

gilpin22
11-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Well I don't know if any of you are as annoyed as me (actually I do know a few are) - the NCMA are not "sure" if they are going to be funded for any more units for this Diploma - what happens to everyone who needs to finish it - does all the hard work we have done in previous units goes to waste or what? :angry:

Tracey1
14-04-2010, 06:33 AM
Hi when i started my DHC last year, I was told that they would fund 3 of the 5 units, i would then need to fund the other 2. At £200 each was abit of a joke, in the end I paid by installments

Tracey

sarah707
14-04-2010, 06:55 AM
I would suggest you put in a complaint to the Ncma and also write to the CWDC and find out who you should speak to...

http://www.cwdcouncil.org.uk/early-years/childcare-careers/training-and-qualifications

Hth :D

christine e
14-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Well I don't know if any of you are as annoyed as me (actually I do know a few are) - the NCMA are not "sure" if they are going to be funded for any more units for this Diploma - what happens to everyone who needs to finish it - does all the hard work we have done in previous units goes to waste or what? :angry:

Are you sure that is it NCMA who are the funders in this case I thought it would have been your local authority

Cx

The Juggler
14-04-2010, 08:37 AM
I would suggest you put in a complaint to the Ncma and also write to the CWDC and find out who you should speak to...

http://www.cwdcouncil.org.uk/early-years/childcare-careers/training-and-qualifications

Hth :D

that's a good idea. also check your local authority to see if they offer a bursary.

Kelly
15-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Are you sure that is it NCMA who are the funders in this case I thought it would have been your local authority

Cx

I think you are right here Christine, I teach the DHC and know that the issue of funding is very prevalent. The funding for each course is allocated from the LA, the NCMA are simply contracted to deliver the course. The funding will always cover the module you are on. I know that I am doing the foundation degree and know that although I will get funding for the next module, I will have to fund the last one, because the funding will not be available then (at least that's what the LA think)

Not sure which area you are in, but I would think that your LA will want to make sure that complete the DHC before the new Diploma comes in, otherwise they will end up paying for you to do it twice!

It seems that some LA's are indicating that the funding looks the same for this financial year as last, with the funding being lost from April 2011, so you should be able to complete your DHC.