PDA

View Full Version : Boiler check

SparklingGems
10-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Sorry I'm asking alot of questions tonight-

Do you all get your boilers checked? I was told by my inspector I need to have a certificate? Do you have to display this?

How much roughly does it cost?

Thanks

aly
10-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Yes we have ours checked yearly and I keep the crtificate in my portfolio.

Ours is with british gas {although we have our gas with swalec** and pay £24 a month but theres probably others lower.

grindal
11-04-2010, 06:23 AM
I get our boiler services annually - and they date and sign a certificate for me (which I also put in my portfolio).
It costs £75 - but I am in London so prob an inflated charge :angry:

mama2three
11-04-2010, 06:27 AM
I am with british gas and they check mine annually too. Although my ra says that the boiler is checked annually i didnt include the certificate or anything , it didnt occur to me at the time!

AliceK
11-04-2010, 06:34 PM
My boiler is checked and serviced twice a year with 2 different companies. Don't ask me why. We rent our house and the certificates are sent to the landlord. I have got my own carbon monoxide sensor though.

xxxxxx

pumpkinsmum
12-04-2010, 06:37 AM
I have the monthly cover with swalec that costs about £15 per month (and includes electrical wiring cover) which includes a yearly boiler check which they arrange with you, fab for forgetful people like me! I also get a certificate which I put in my mot, insurance, etc. file for all to see. I was a bit reluctant at first to pay every month for something I may never need but in Feb when it was freezing my boiler packed up! Would have cost more than what I'd paid in insurance over the year to repair. It packed up at 6pm on a Sunday and was repaired by 8 am the next morning. Well impressed! Definatley reccomend the monthly payment scheme.

Blue Boy
13-04-2010, 09:19 AM
We are with British Gas and have the boiler checked yearly, but don't get a certificate. Have just had our inspections and inspectors didn't say a thing.

mama2three
13-04-2010, 10:05 AM
We are with British Gas and have the boiler checked yearly, but don't get a certificate. Have just had our inspections and inspectors didn't say a thing.

Mick we have the same , apparently they stopped doing them but do offer an email confirmation instead if you reg your email address with them. K