PDA

View Full Version : Packed meal ideas

SparklingGems
10-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Im trying to write up a sheet giving parents an idea of what healthy packed lunches they may provide for their children.

Im really struggling on what to suggest?

Any help would be appreciated

little chickee
10-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Maybe it would be easier to list what you would not want them to put in eg sweets, cakes, processed items, left over Macdonalds!! etc.

loobyloo
10-04-2010, 10:19 PM
i suggest a mini ice pack,sandwich,pitta bread,bagel,fruit scone,hard boiled egg,cheese string,jelly,fromais frais plus spoon(in case of picnic out)fruit-bag for orange-satsuma peel,small banana strawberry,cut up grapes etc.Kids love a kebab pushed on a straw fruit or protein strawberry,cherry,blueberry,-cheese,ham,cherry tomato,pepper etc,little packet of raisons/dried fruit ,cold pizza,cold cut up sausage,healthy fruit flapjack,dip with chopped carrot,cucumber,pepper,maybe a small treat of cake,biscuit,cereal bar

selena 31
10-04-2010, 10:25 PM
i have printed off a great one from netmums.com it as 7 day menu idears for packed lunch with meat fish or vegetarian sandwich fillers i have been putting it in my info packs .it also has fruit pot idars and dairy things.

ORKSIE
10-04-2010, 10:25 PM
left over Macdonalds!! etc.

:eek: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That made me laff

But I do agree to list what you do not want in P L :thumbsup:

TheBTeam
11-04-2010, 09:09 AM
I guarantee every childminder will get a cold mcdonalds at least once!:laughing: :laughing:

I had a full blown chicken sandwich once, I took the little girl home and they had got a mcdonalds a little earlier in the day and saved one for her, and indeed were so far sighted to have bought her one for the next day too, she bought it to have at mine!:eek: :eek:

I have had chicken nuggets from mcdonalds also from another child.

I am not against mcdonalds, although it is a little suspect eaten hot at the point of purchase but to think it is nice cold the next day is a bit bizarre! hnoa!

christine e
11-04-2010, 09:36 AM
Some nice ideas here

http://www.recipes4us.co.uk/Lunch%20Box%20Ideas.htm

Cx

teacake2
11-04-2010, 12:36 PM
My Parents would be very offended if I tried to make any sort of suggestion about the food they provided for their children:eek: :eek: I know we are supposed to give advice but while the children are with me I do make sure that they have some fruit, crunchy vegs etc along with the food parents provide
Teacake2