PDA

View Full Version : quick advice needed

taiwallis
20-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Ok, i am off on holiday tomorrow morning for 2 weeks. I have someone coming to mind my 'cats'. One of them gets 'stressed' when i go away (purleeese) but trys to die, each time. She needs an emergency appointment at 5.10 tonight. My after school mindees don't go till 6pm. Is it ok to just take them with me, a neighbour will look after my kids. I am not allowed to phone mum at work to ask her - new job and she gets really grumpy and has had a go at me for calling her there before.
i am in the position that i am just going to take them, they love the cat and its a good experience??? and if mum has a problem just point out that i can't call her except in an emergency? xxxx

Pipsqueak
20-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Can't see the problem with taking the mindees with you - you are teaching them about pet care, vets etc.

As for not being allowed to phone mum - well, I would point out to her that you understand new job, making good impressions but there are going to be times that you DO have to call.. blah blah.. How about texting....

Have a great holiday and hope the cat(s) are fine

xxx

sarah707
20-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Link it to a theme about vets surgeries... collect some leaflets while you are there for your role play area... talk about favourite animals and sing animal songs while waiting... ask the receptionist about her day if she's not too busy... do some dressing up in doctors / nurses outfits... use the medical kit to look after some small world or cuddly animals... make a poster like the ones you see in the surgery...

Lots of learning experiences :D

wendywu
20-03-2008, 04:01 PM
I take my mindees to the vets all the time, none of them has pets and they love it. Being in the waiting room seeing who is comming in poorly. It teaches them that we have to care for animals, that animals need injections as well as people. Dont worry just take them. Its part of family life after all.:)

Pipsqueak
20-03-2008, 04:02 PM
I take my mindees to the vets all the time, )

Yep I feel like doing that too!!!:D

emler
20-03-2008, 04:02 PM
I can't imagine the parents having a problem with you taking the kiddies to the vets. The kids will probably love it!

Emler x

wendywu
20-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Very funny Vik, :laughing:

taiwallis
20-03-2008, 04:10 PM
i think if i sang songs to the 9 yr old boy whilst in public i would lose any respect i ever had from him - i think he would rather die than me to publicly humiliate him - nice idea though - perhaps i will threaten to do it if they don't behave!!! :laughing: :laughing:

Heaven Scent
20-03-2008, 06:56 PM
Yes like they all say good experience and if you are not back by the time mum gets back its her tough luck - you could always send her a text.

tulip0803
20-03-2008, 08:36 PM
I have taken my minded children to the vets with an assortment of animals when I minded before. The children enjoyed and the vets answered any questions that the children asked.:)

Having been to the vets 3 times this week with 2 different rabbits and the prospect of again next week I was sitting in the waiting room planning a vet theme for the next time when I am minding.

Shirlwith3
21-03-2008, 07:59 AM
I can't see it as a problem, I have taken my minded children to the vets and the hospital had no choice with the hospital appointments as my son had to have regular checkups after his operations that he has had in the last 6 months, felt hit would reaslise that hospitals are not a scary place.

shirl

Banana
21-03-2008, 08:33 AM
Hope you have a lovely holiday!!

xx

deeb66
21-03-2008, 08:35 AM
You have probably already gone but hope you have a good holiday :)

sarah707
21-03-2008, 10:03 AM
I would completly understand if my childminder took my kids to the vets ( to get the cat sorted, would be annoyed if the vet did anything to the kids, vets charge a fortune!!!)

:laughing: :laughing:

angeldelight
21-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Hope your holiday is good

Angel xx