PDA

View Full Version : Advice- Summer Childminding for over 7's

Antony098
10-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Hi,

My name is Antony. I am 22 years old. I am currently training to be a teacher and have experience of both working in and running out of school clubs. I have always wanted to spend some time being a childminder and am worred that my time may be running out as once I am a teacher I will probably just continue down that road.
I am considering renting a house and childminding in my home county of Cornwall for the six weeks over the summer holidays. To get around the rules laid down by Ofsted I will only be able to take over 7's as it would not be worth going through the whole registration process just for the six weeks of the hols.
I am not concerned about filling my available spaces as I know many local parents from my time running a local out of school club and a few have already offered to bring their children to me.
I am more concerned about finding out which rules and regulations would actually affect me- most of the online material seems to be focused at childminders who register with Ofsted and care for under 8's. An enhanced CRB is of course a must but what other conditions will I need to meet? Are there actually any?
There are plenty of things which would be desirable, such as paediatric first aid etc, but are they required by law?
I really appreciate any advice. :)

TheBTeam
11-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Sorry didnt want to read and run, not really sure what is required, maybe a call to OFSTED would help.

mamasheshe
11-04-2010, 04:55 PM
i would of though you would need first aid, crb for you and anyone over 16 in the house,and public liability, but phone ofsted and ask them they'll soon tell you!!:thumbsup:

curleysoph
12-04-2010, 03:32 PM
I would contact the Childminding Support Co-ordinator at the council local to you as well as OFSTED.

loocyloo
12-04-2010, 04:25 PM
sounds a good idea. although it might be over 8's rather than over 7's you can look after without being registered. you still need the enhanced CRB though.

i would contact ofsted too, as well as local council and childminding support!

i think first aid would be desirable! and public liability insurance.

good luck!