PDA

View Full Version : woo hoo turned to boo hoo

kaz1501
20-03-2008, 02:31 PM
As some of you know I had my first phone enquiry this week, the interview went well & the Mum said she wanted the place (even wanted to sign contract there & then). I offered her a free hour so the 14 month old little boy could settle as she wanted to start next tuesday.

That was for yesterday - she didn't show up. I phoned her last night to explain that if she wanted me on Tuesday then we need to get the paperwork sorted out with it being a bank holiday weekend. Her husband answered the phone and said that he thought she had changed her mind, but wasn't sure ( :rolleyes: ) so he would get her to ring me this morning.

No phone call :(

I don't want to embaress her, or for me to appear desperate, by ringing again. So I guess that's the end of that. Over before it has begun.

Nice bottle of wine is chilling in the fridge to compensate ;)

Karen
x x x

Minnie Minx
20-03-2008, 02:33 PM
oh hun, http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/happy065.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org) lets hope it's slipped her mind and she'll phone this evening

xxx

jmoff
20-03-2008, 02:36 PM
oh no! Poor you!!!!

I probably woiuldnt ring her again...they have your number in case she wanted to get in touch.

I am sure you will get another phonecall soon! Fingers crossed.

Jana x

angeldelight
20-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Poor you sorry to hear that

Some parents honestly she could have at least had the decency to call you

Hope you get some more calls soon

Angel xx

Splish Splosh
20-03-2008, 03:04 PM
poor you, some parents really dont think about us at all do they?!!!!

fionamal
20-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Poor you, never mind thats the start of many more calls to come.

Chin up, its Easter Weekend

emler
20-03-2008, 03:17 PM
Nice of mum to call you & let you know she had changed her mind :mad:
Hopefully your phone will keep ringing. That bottle you mentioned sounds like the perfect pick-me-up! :D

Emler x

sarah707
20-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Can I come round and share the wine? I finished mine last night...

I hope you get some good calls soon from people who do not waste your time :D

Pudding Girl
20-03-2008, 03:56 PM
how disappointing :(

I cannot belive people cannot be polite and call you! it's bad enough when an email enq asks to phone and then doesnt etc, but to have gone so far etc, and then still not say? that's downright rude :(

Trouble
20-03-2008, 04:47 PM
im sorry:panic:

some people are just rude and ignorant:eek:

miffy
20-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Some people just find it difficult to say no

It's very rude of them - enjoy your wine

Fingers crossed you'll get some more phone calls soon

Miffy xx

charleyfarley
20-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Sorry to hear she may have changed her mind and not even let you know.

Enjoy the wine and really hope the phone rings soon

Carol xx

LittleMissSparkles
20-03-2008, 05:16 PM
Some people are so bad mannered I m sorry for your disappointment Karen xxx

flora
20-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Least it was over before it begun, if you know what I mean. Could have messed you about for months.

Chin up, I'm sure the wine will ease the dissappointment and the easter eggs will give you a pick me up.

Fingers crossed for perfectley well mannered clients to ring you in future :thumbsup:

Heaven Scent
20-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Her loss dont see the wine as compensation see it as a celebration. If she is that low that she cant just give you a quick call at this stage then you're better off without her she probably just would have treated you as a door mat.

So congratulations for avoiding that trouble.

Celine

Banana
20-03-2008, 06:47 PM
Oh what a real shame!!

Enjoy your wine and just think that you were lucky not to have someone so willing to let you down at the last minute!!

xx

kaz1501
20-03-2008, 07:15 PM
thank you everyone! :)

You are right I probably have avoided a problematic parent so my bottle of wine is to celebrate! :jump for joy:
And, it's true at least I got some experience of having a parent visit etc. Really hope the phone rings again tho, finances are stretched now.

Have a wonderful Easter everyone :thumbsup:

Karen (hic!)