PDA

View Full Version : Help med and short term planning

sophiemarie
10-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Hi all I have been childminding for 5 weeks and have changed my planning 5 times!! I used to work in pre-school so used to plan for all one age. I have an 18 month and 3 year old child and getting really mixed up planning for both ages I have started planning short term but still not sure about it but medium term I have not got a clue.
Here is a copy of last weeks short term planning (I hope I have not attached a file before)
Any help would be great thanks :) :)

sandy64
10-04-2010, 09:19 AM
hi looks very good i only link to eyfs unless im doing obs. my medium planning is done monthly as you i have tryed so many ways but found for medium i do a spider web have space in middle for month and topic then have each area and just write what il be doing over the month then break it down like your wkly planning hope this helps.

sarah707
10-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Planning is such a personal thing.

It's really important to find a way that suits you, so if you try 3 or 4 don't worry about it, just keep trying.

You need to show, in the easiest way possible, how you link to the Eyfs and to each child's individual needs.

You can do that in many different ways... yours is a good example if it works for you.

I wouldn't worry so much about linking to ECM... everything you do works within that... and I would link more specifically to the 6 areas, not just 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 etc...

Hth :D

rachelle
10-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Looks really good but a lot of work. I've just cut mine down a lot to a sheet per child per week / 2 weeks as medium term and a timetable for short term.
My medium term has a notes bit at top for justification of the rest (!), activities list, links to EYFS (but not quoting statements which I used to, instead just which areas and sub areas) and assessment ops. Small space at the bottom for notes for next week. I've changed mine loads but this week it took me about 10 -15 mins all in and I've got some really nice activities planned for next week based on last weeks plans:)