PDA

View Full Version : Dilema

singlewiththree
09-04-2010, 07:45 AM
I work term time only and spend the holidays recovering and being with my girls.

Now their dad has asked for more time with them this summer and wants 1 week at half term and 2 separate weeks in summer, he usually has 1. I'm not going to refuse as the girls love going and they will be going to their caravan but I hate it when they go. I try and book a holiday for myself but can't afford it this year especially as they will be away for 3 weeks. I have been offered the opportunity of holiday care children BUT I won't have my girls. It would mean extra money for me but I'm not sure how I would feel doing fun things without my girls. I have plenty of things I could be doing like decorating, cleaning cupboards etc that don't really get done but they all cost money which I have got very little of. What would you do?

mama2three
09-04-2010, 07:48 AM
i would do holiday care for 2 of the weeks , and put the money away so the final week you can afford to get away yourself!

green puppy
09-04-2010, 07:49 AM
I guess if you need the money and don't mind loosing the "you" time then do it. Please don't feel guilty I am sure your girls will have a lovely time too, working may help the time they are away go quicker. You can still do all the fun things in the weeks they are with you.

gigglinggoblin
09-04-2010, 08:01 AM
My oldest two go to their dads and I feel wierd doing fun stuff with my youngest two without them being there so I know how you feel. I would explain it to your girls and say you will be looking after children so you will have money to spend on a treat for them when they get back, ask them what they would like. It will feel odd but if you know you are doing it for them it might be easier - you dont have to spend it all on them of course!

angeldelight
09-04-2010, 08:02 AM
The girls will be having a good time so I dont think you should feel guilty Paula - you can always do things with them when they come back

I understand what you are saying though and I would prob feel guilty too but explain to the girls what you will be doing

Your job is your job and money is money - I would do it if I were you

Angel xxx

The Juggler
09-04-2010, 01:25 PM
my two are away with their grandparents this week as I'm studying the days I'm not working. I miss them like mad but it's lovely going out with the little ones and not having my two argue! Don't get me wrong, would love to have them here but it's nice to have a few less sometimes.

I say earn the money - save for something nice for you or for you and the girls when they are back and enjoy a few less around in the hols. The summer hols has 4 more weeks where you can be really busy!

x

LOOPYLISA
09-04-2010, 01:41 PM
I would work too :thumbsup:

angeldelight
09-04-2010, 11:42 PM
Have you decided to work ?

Angel xx

singlewiththree
10-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Have you decided to work ?

Angel xx

yes you all persuaded me. I'm taking the first week off as booked a holiday with the girls and the last week to prepare for school etc then going to work the weeks inbetween the explained it to my 9yr old today who wasn't impressed but when I told her she going to be with her dad for 2 weeks she was happy, she just didn't like the fact of being here with the minded children not the fact that I would be minding without her :rolleyes: