PDA

View Full Version : I need a proffessional word for poo...

LeanneC
08-04-2010, 07:19 PM
thats easy to spell :laughing:

I tried spell checking "faeces" but thesarus didnt know what I was on about, so Ive no idea if thats the right spelling. I need to write a letter to Ofsted/ MARAT re a mindee. Long story short have had to make a referral :( but I need to use the word but can't think of one that sounds serious enough. Can't use poop or No2

HELP!!

Carpet Monkeys
08-04-2010, 07:23 PM
faeces is the word used in the medical/scientific world - can't see a problem with using it in a letter to Ofsted

babs
08-04-2010, 07:24 PM
lol i just asked hubby how to spell faeces and he said c.r.a.p. or s.h.i.t. don't worry he got a cushion thrown at him .. found this thou

Feces, faeces, or fæces (see spelling differences) is a waste product from an animal's digestive tract expelled through the anus (or cloaca) during defecation....

but children are not animals

babs
08-04-2010, 07:25 PM
found this under human waste ..

Human waste is a waste type usually used to refer to byproducts of digestion, such as feces and urine. Human waste is most often transported as sewage in waste water through sewerage systems. Alternatively it is disposed of in nappies (diapers) in municipal solid waste. so go for spelling Feces.

Carpet Monkeys
08-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Feces is the US spelling ..

LeanneC
08-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Thanks both of you have gone with feces...i spose they will know what I mean by that.

sarah707
08-04-2010, 07:28 PM
feces is the American spelling.

In English it is faeces ... sometimes you will see the a and e joined together. That's just another version.

I hope you are ok. Making a referral is never easy but at the end of the day it's about putting the child first.

Make sure you take time out to give yourself a hug and reflect on the good you are doing xx

Alibali
08-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Feces is American spelling, English spelling is Faeces, if my lo's are still in nappies I use the phrase 'soiled'.

LeanneC
08-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Oh U.S spelling..mmm keep them comming then i thought of excrement ??

LeanneC
08-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Yes so do i use soiled but the sentence I need to write is

Vest was covered in poo, had been there for a few days

twise
08-04-2010, 07:32 PM
bowel movement

RachelE
08-04-2010, 07:34 PM
I too was going to say bowel movement - thats what they say when you give birth!!?

Rachel x

Fabby
I would go with soiled

LeanneC
feces is the American spelling.

In English it is faeces ... sometimes you will see the a and e joined together. That's just another version.

I hope you are ok. Making a referral is never easy but at the end of the day it's about putting the child first.

Make sure you take time out to give yourself a hug and reflect on the good you are doing xx

Thankyou Sarah, I made it last week and it all come to a head the past few days visits to their home etc... Seemed to have worked out well, I did feel like the bad guy but Ofsted and MARAT have assured me I DID the RIGHT thing and thanked me. :thumbsup: having a huge glass of red tonight ;)

Forgot to mention it happened all on the anniversary of my 1st day of
minding too :( I started 1st April last year

The Juggler
08-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Thankyou Sarah, I made it last week and it all come to a head the past few days visits to their home etc... Seemed to have worked out well, I did feel like the bad guy but Ofsted and MARAT have assured me I DID the RIGHT thing and thanked me. :thumbsup: having a huge glass of red tonight ;)

Forgot to mention it happened all on the anniversary of my 1st day of
minding too :( I started 1st April last year

good luck with the referral hon.

WibbleWobble
08-04-2010, 07:57 PM
excrement!

tee hee

or "duty" as my family used when we were kids...always made me laugh when as a brownie i had to promise to do my "duty " to god etc!

LeanneC
08-04-2010, 08:00 PM
excrement!

tee hee

or "duty" as my family used when we were kids...always made me laugh when as a brownie i had to promise to do my "duty " to god etc!

:laughing: I like that one being a fellow ex brownie

WibbleWobble
08-04-2010, 08:03 PM
:laughing: I like that one being a fellow ex brownie

my dad was told his widdle was called "biz"...he liked it when they sang Jesus bids us (biz does) shine with a clear clear light ...you in your small corner and I in mine.

the really funny thing is

he is Jewish!

LeanneC
08-04-2010, 08:06 PM
my dad was told his widdle was called "biz"...he liked it when they sang Jesus bids us (biz does) shine with a clear clear light ...you in your small corner and I in mine.

the really funny thing is

he is Jewish!

:eek: Oh NOOOO :D

Avon
08-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Yes so do i use soiled but the sentence I need to write is

Vest was soiled with faeces which had been there for a few days

changed red bit!
Does that help?

Soiled kinda makes me think of poop or dirt.

LeanneC
08-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Thankyou ladies, Ive gone with faeces... tis what I originally thought of anyway BUT my vocab has been broadend tonight at least tee hee

Im off to bed im pooped :D

ORKSIE
08-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Stool:thumbsup:

watgem
09-04-2010, 03:06 PM
you could say "stool" as in the "Bristol Stool" chart, (a medical term)which you can find online and it gives information about the different kinds(!) there is also a very funny but very rude version which always leaves my DH in hysterics and does make me titter a bit too:)

TheBTeam
09-04-2010, 05:31 PM
Good luck with the referral, glad the poo thing is sorted!