PDA

View Full Version : Brainstorm!

Tatia
20-03-2008, 11:39 AM
I was just visited by a muse in the shape of Annie's Every Child Matters display. I see everyone's lovely playrooms and am a bit envious that you have a dedicated space for your childminding stuff. I don''t really want my dining room to look like a nursery but I want to offer a quality service. Plus, there's tons of stuff we're meant to display for OFSTED, too. I don't mind the toys and stuff because I can hide those in wicker baskets.

So, I'm thinking the small hallway behind the kitchen (on way to back garden) might be the perfect solution and my husband won't complain about being taken over by posters and displays. Parents aren't often back there but there's no reason why I couldn't invite them to have a look. The kids will see it quite a lot as the loo is back there, too.

Hehe, now I'm brimming with ideas and raring to get going! Where there's a will, there's a way!:thumbsup:

mamapink
20-03-2008, 11:43 AM
make sure you post up some photos when you have finished so we can be nosy and become inspired by your self

bye bye pink:o

miffy
20-03-2008, 11:47 AM
A fellow childminder has a similar set up to you - she has all her cm certs and posters in that area keeps it all away from the main living area

Yes please post piccies when you've finished

Miffy xx

venus89
20-03-2008, 11:48 AM
How much exactly are we meant to display?Like you we just don't have the room - toys etc are stored in a cupboard and I have one large pinboard to display photos/work, next to which I have my 2 compulsory certificates. If I start putting up more it won't feel like home and more :(

donnagwynne
20-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Where did you find pictures of other people's playrooms?? I would love to have a nosey.

Donna

crazybones
20-03-2008, 12:39 PM
:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Sorry but I can't believe my art work could inspire anyone.

sarah707
20-03-2008, 12:49 PM
Sounds like you're going to be busy during the Easter break Tatia! Good luck! :D

Heaven Scent
20-03-2008, 01:52 PM
I keep all mine in the DS loo because its stupidly big and I hang the childrens coats in there the loo is in a separate cubicle with a curtain on it so the coats are not near the loo they are in the hand washing area. I don't know what I'm going to do when I win the lottery and can finally afford to extend my kitchen into that room to make better use of the space I'll have to make use of my Utility room by the back door to hang all the bumph. - Ok I do know it will never be a problem - just let me dream.

Is there any way if you wanted parents to use the back doot that they can get around there cause if there is you can tell ofsted that the parents use this entrance or put a few coat hooks somewhere in there and say that thats where the children hang their coats - I think these posters have to be where parents can see them freely - just make sure you cover your back - its your home at the end of the day. They wouldn't have to sit surrounded by their work at the end of their working day nor would their families.

Celine

Tatia
20-03-2008, 05:59 PM
The thing is, most parents don't come any further than the front hall anyway so I don't see how it matters where I place the information. I've been thinking about it, that it's tucked away and would OFSTED be happy with it but I think I may just get around it by inviting parents in to see it when it's finished and then letting them know they can have a look when they feel like it. They rarely feel like it!:rolleyes: They just want to collect their child and go!

I don't really feel it's fair when they tout how wonderful childminding is that they want to turn us all into mini nurseries.

Chimps Childminding
20-03-2008, 06:23 PM
I agree about turning our homes into mini nurseries - and to be honest I don't think most parents bother to read whats on the notice boards anyway! I have bought some of the hooks that go over the top of doors, so that i can hang my notice boards up there during the week, but take them down at the week-end - it works really well, although i am sure no one actually notices whats on them - only the children!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing: :laughing:

Pipsqueak
20-03-2008, 06:27 PM
My home looks like an explosion in a laminate factory.... posters, pictures etc displayed, toys everywhere.....

:eek:

Trouble
20-03-2008, 06:51 PM
My home looks like an explosion in a laminate factory.... posters, pictures etc displayed, toys everywhere.....

:eek:

mine too!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: