PDA

View Full Version : SELF CLEANING HIGHCHAIR'S

celdemorg
08-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Evening all

Does anyone know where I can get a highchair that either cleans itself or is really easy to wipe over and folds away so small you can hardly see it :laughing:

I've got 2 mamas and papas prima papa highchairs at the mo, and I absolutely hate getting all the bits of food out the seat after each meal time :eek: especially broccolli!!!!

xxx

sarahstanbridge
08-04-2010, 05:17 PM
i had a cosatto highchair that folded really small but sorry it didnt clean itself!

babs
08-04-2010, 05:20 PM
i take the seat off mine once a week stick it in washer, i do wipe it down daily as well... if u find a self cleaning one please let us all know:laughing: :laughing:

celdemorg
08-04-2010, 05:30 PM
I can't take the cover's off mine so all the food get's stuck underneath, ugh!!(unless i'm a bit dim and can't take if off) which highchair do you have Babs that you can put the cover in the washing machine?

xxx

babs
08-04-2010, 05:32 PM
I can't take the cover's off mine so all the food get's stuck underneath, ugh!!(unless i'm a bit dim and can't take if off) which highchair do you have Babs that you can put the cover in the washing machine?

xxx

not sure it can go in the washer but if it comes apart and fits it goes in....:D

Twinkles
08-04-2010, 05:33 PM
You can find them in the same department as ' self changing loo rolls' and laundry baskets that wash ,dry , iron and fold all the dirty clothes :laughing:

Back on the subject of highchairs , why does weetabix dry like cement ?

Mookins
08-04-2010, 05:33 PM
i used to blast my lil girls with the hose in the garden when it was warm...second hand cold baby food is soooo gross:(

sarah707
08-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Banana sick is the worst :p :D

Mookins
08-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Banana sick is the worst :p :D

eugh...that and snot sick...sorry but il never forget my stepdaughter...clamped her mouth shut as shes hates being sick ...WHOOSH!

SORRY TO THOSE EATING DINNER
x x x

celdemorg
I need a pressure washer for mine!! my mindees leave more in the chair than what goes in their chops.

Banana sick :eek: :eek: :eek:

teacake2
Steady on people, I am eating my tea reading this:eek: :eek:
Teacake2

Mookins
08-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Steady on people, I am eating my tea reading this:eek: :eek:
Teacake2

:o sorry x

babs
08-04-2010, 05:58 PM
just had a chinese, shhh no sick now please

LOOPYLISA
08-04-2010, 06:05 PM
I used to hose mine down in the garden too :thumbsup:

funemnx
08-04-2010, 06:28 PM
I got given a hard plastic seat that fits onto a dining chair, it folds down when not being used - and I put it in the dishwasher! It's a 'The First years' make :)

mamasheshe
08-04-2010, 06:30 PM
i want one (or two) of the one's that attach to the table !

Mouse
08-04-2010, 06:30 PM
I think you can find self cleaning highchairs down the same aisle as self changing nappies :laughing:

sandy64
08-04-2010, 06:33 PM
sorry when i first read this i thought it was a joke self washing lol:laughing: :laughing: could with one for kids clothes:laughing: i know what you ,mean highchair straps why are they always white, well to begin with:laughing:

Mrs Book
08-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Mine is one that straps to a chair & can be taken to bits & stuck in dishwasher. Unfortuatly I haven't a dishwasher, just a husband who does a bad job. Do take mine to bits & soak it in the bath.

Other one I have is an M&P that folds into a bag and is very easy to clean.

Self cleaniing ones can be found with the self clean houses!!!!

Cammie Doodle
08-04-2010, 06:37 PM
I got given a hard plastic seat that fits onto a dining chair, it folds down when not being used - and I put it in the dishwasher! It's a 'The First years' make :)

I have one of those and I have just bought 2 from Argos £11 each, they are brill and fold down quite small for storage, cant remember what make they are. Don't self clean , but really easy to clean

Spangles
08-04-2010, 06:56 PM
I've got a fisher price seat that straps onto a dining chair and it's got no nooks and crannys for bits of food to get into so it's really easy to keep clean.

It's got fantastic reviews on Amazon.

x

celdemorg
08-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Ooh fab I'll have a smooch in Argos, I cleaned them at the weekend, and it looked lovely without them being in the kitchen, mine take up quite a bit of space even when folded.

You have all cheered me up though with yr banana and snot sick experiences, i feel rather lucky i haven't come across this yet:laughing: had a whingy kinda day today :(

ORKSIE
08-04-2010, 10:06 PM
I have the seats you strap to chairs IYSWIM and they come completely apart so you can get into all the nooks and crannies:thumbsup:

Zoomie
09-04-2010, 07:16 AM
I've got a fisher price seat that straps onto a dining chair and it's got no nooks and crannys for bits of food to get into so it's really easy to keep clean.

It's got fantastic reviews on Amazon.

x

I have 3 of these :D .

Brilliantly easy to clean and hides away at the dinning table when you push the chairs in.

Abt 6 months ago when I bought my last they were abt £20-24 on ebay, whilst brand new £30 so hold their value well.

Thoroughly recommended. http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10751&langId=-1&productId=15988&source=froogle&cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Shopping%20Sites-_-CPC-_-Froogle

Spangles
09-04-2010, 07:59 AM
I have 3 of these :D .

Brilliantly easy to clean and hides away at the dinning table when you push the chairs in.

Abt 6 months ago when I bought my last they were abt £20-24 on ebay, whilst brand new £30 so hold their value well.

Thoroughly recommended. http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10751&langId=-1&productId=15988&source=froogle&cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Shopping%20Sites-_-CPC-_-Froogle

Yep that's the one I have! They are really good.

Tam's Tribe
09-04-2010, 08:41 AM
I have the plastic Ikea ones . . . fabulous to keep clean so I dont mind when the LOs mess while learning to feed themselves, although they are quite good at it (eating nicely that is and not messing).

They dont fold away but they do stack.

mama2three
09-04-2010, 08:46 AM
so now you have all solved the problem of the self cleaning highchair ... how about solving one for me. I need a self-cleaning house!

little chickee
09-04-2010, 10:09 AM
I've got the plastic seats that strap to dining chairs and i hose them down with the shower attachment in the bath - all the bits of food get blasted out!

sonia ann
09-04-2010, 10:27 AM
my highchair is 25yrs old and wooden with a plastic covered padded seat.........I take it in the garden on a sunny day and power wash it:) it looks as good as new:)

caz3007
09-04-2010, 10:31 AM

I use these too, so easy to clean as well

watgem
09-04-2010, 02:59 PM
i put mine in the shower and give it a good hosing with hot water and fairy liquid, then I have to dry it in the shower, so if they invent a self cleaning one I would definitly want one! I did have a cossato one that folded up really small, i think it was called "on the go" or somelike like that but sorry it didn't clean itself. I hear the graco contempo folds up quite small:)