PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrr what a day!

NaggyNat
08-04-2010, 04:55 PM
I am minding a 16 month old and all he does is cry. He isnt walking yet and crawls everywhere. he doesnt want to get involved in anything, when I tried messy play today he just screamed and screamed. I got the shape sorter out and he just lay there. All he does is lay and cry. Mum says he is a mummys boy. He still eats mashed up food and mum doesnt want me to give anything other than this as he is not ready. He doesnt eat his food and will only eat rice pudding or yoghurt (if fed to him).

I dont know what to do! I am really trying to integrate him and play with him etc but he doesnt want it. His sister has selective mutism but mum said I have totally changed her and people have commented how far she has come in the two weeks she has been with me which is good!

Advice would be grately appreciated....I have written down stuff in communication diary and asked mum for suggestions etc. I just dont know what to do!!!!!!

DAY FROM HELL!!!!!

Mookins
08-04-2010, 05:28 PM
bless your heart...have ideas but they probably leading on to bad table manners
was going to suggest messy play with his youghurt and mash?:blush:
x x x

sarah mc
08-04-2010, 05:33 PM
unless mum changes with him you are going to find it hard your doing everything right just keep trying give him a spoon & he might join in. As for playing just sit nxt to him dont talk to him just u play with toys make out ur having loads of fun he might start to join in Ignore all the crying he will get bored if no one takes any notice it will get easier. Your doing great:thumbsup:

Fabby
08-04-2010, 06:15 PM
I arn't sure that i could give you advise but just wanted to say that i hope you have a better day tomorrow and it can only get easier xx

angeldelight
09-04-2010, 11:41 PM
Hope you had a better day on Friday

Enjoy your weekend

Angel xx