PDA

View Full Version : Arts and Crafts with under 12 months....

venus89
20-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Is there anything arty crafty which I can do with a 6 month old and a 9 month old. I just about managed some finger painting with the older one this week to make an Easter card for Mum and dad but it wasn't easy. Is there an edible paint recipe?! I'd love to try to make something with them for my Spring display, which my own kids are decorating as I'm currently only minding babies....

Minnie Minx
20-03-2008, 10:59 AM
http://parenting.ivillage.com/tp/tpactivities/0,,88mf-p,00.html

http://www.funattic.com/game_supplies.htm

http://www.recipelink.com/mf/18/639

Hth

xxx

venus89
20-03-2008, 11:06 AM
It does thanks Theresa :clapping:

Minnie Minx
20-03-2008, 11:08 AM
you're welcome :) i miss being on here and helping out lol

xxx

sarah707
20-03-2008, 11:18 AM
If you could get them to make a few finger or hand prints each, you could cut them out into flower shapes... they would look lovely.

With the baby I care for, I took some photos of him digging in the mud with a stick... mum loves them and it shows I let him engage in sensory activities, do mark making and get some exercise to strengthen his upper body :D

Tatia
20-03-2008, 11:27 AM
With little ones that age, it's easier to make footprints than handprints. You could use a poem to go along with them.

You left these small little footprints
quite innocentlky as so
You also left me with a smile
Watching your footprints grow

or

Someday I'll jump through puddles, take a stroll of run a race,
Someday I'll walk across the street, or maybe walk in space,
Someday I'll scale a mountain, or join a ballet corps,
Someday I'll walk a tightrope, or explore the ocean floor,
Someday these feet will do some things that only heaven knows,
But for today they're happy just to wiggle all their toes.

venus89
20-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Those are both great ides, thank you so much :)

The more ideas the better! It's been so long since mine were that age I've forgotten what to do with a baby! I did my first full day yesterday andreally enjoyed it but I'm very conscious that I need to always have something up my sleeve to pull out in case baby gets bored.....

squiggle
20-03-2008, 12:48 PM
i only look after younger ones too, my 8 month old and just turned one year old will have a go at anything.

we play with playdough, do all the messy activities the 18month old and 2 year old do.

i just make sure i sit with them and watch closely and obvioulsy don't give them anything too small.

all of the children i look after like anything messy so i suppose i'm lucky as i know some children don't like messy actiities.

Jen x

sarah707
20-03-2008, 12:52 PM
Lovely photo Jen - is that your daughter? :D

squiggle
20-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Lovely photo Jen - is that your daughter? :D

Thanks sarah, yes its my dd Lacey. shes nearly 2 and half now

Jen x

angeldelight
21-03-2008, 11:41 AM
She is lovely