PDA

View Full Version : shells

jaytravis
08-04-2010, 08:20 AM
i have a box of shell that the kids have collected from the beach i saw i idea on her a while ago of a activity to somrthing with them but i cant find it and i mind has gone blank does anyone have any ideas of what we can do with them
thanks

Mouse
08-04-2010, 08:23 AM
My 3 yr old mindee had the shells out last week. He'd been to the seaside at the weekend & while he was here he set lots of toys out saying they were the seaside (tower of blocks was a lighthouse etc).

I gave him a dish full of shells & he spent ages arranging them all on the floor. Not much help to you as it wasn't an activity as such, but he had loads of fun :thumbsup:

mama2three
08-04-2010, 08:43 AM
i have a box , but dont use them in specific activities as such. theyre great for sorting and counting , looking at textures etc - and make great scoops for sand , rice , water etc...

Cammie Doodle
08-04-2010, 09:38 AM
Mmm not seen that activity, but we have a huge pile of great big scallop shells (my son who is a chef got them for us) They get used for building towers, counting, scooping compost up etc, but would be interested in any other ideas. We also had seaweed for a while too that I brought back from North Berwick , kids loved it .

angiemog
08-04-2010, 10:28 AM
I have some shells in my indoor sand box. They use a little sieve to find them.
I have my sand in a baby bath and have a plastic sheet to catch all the sand!

babs
08-04-2010, 08:30 PM
when i was little my mum use to get us collect shells and we would stick them on plastic plant pots to give to my nan for xmas , b/days etc she had loads all different thou as there are 3 of us... we use to stick them on with polyfiller i think and then vanish over ..

lesley
13-04-2010, 10:01 AM
We decorate wooden picture frames from ikea with them.

Lesley

karen m
13-04-2010, 12:53 PM
never thought of putting on plant pots ,was at beach at thev weekend and collected loads