PDA

View Full Version : Want to cry!

NaggyNat
08-04-2010, 08:02 AM
:crying: :crying: Been minding since 29th March and my son isnt taking too well to it all! He seemed to be getting on OK until yesterday when a 6 month old started. He seemed to go backwards in how he was coping and today a mindee came who has been coming since I started on the 29th...she comes two days a week. Well, my son has been throwing things at her head and she is so timid that she just stands and cries. I feel awful - they are both 2!!!!! I am thinking of jacking it all in already!

RainbowMum
08-04-2010, 08:10 AM
Stick with it - my DD was 2 1/2 when I started and she was much the same used to shove the toddlers over, snatch toys etc... she got over it & now she's 5 and has some good friendships with those who have been with me since start, she has me home with her rather than being in childcare herself and I certainly cannot earn what I do in any other local job.

Some days have been days from hell - others have been pur bliss and overall I would much rather be home for my children ..... most days:rolleyes:

Daftbat
08-04-2010, 08:12 AM
It can be a big change for a toddler to get used to but i am sure that things will calm down soon - stick with it. Lots of reassurance for your own child and lots of activities to take their minds off eachother.

The Juggler
08-04-2010, 08:15 AM
my dd was 2 as well. she behaved fine to the mindees but took it all out on me! don't worry. Try to take out of the equation why he is being like this for now and just deal with the behaviour as you would with any mindee.

Does your mindee have a sleep, you can maybe tell him now and make sure you have some time alone together when she does. Then get him helping lots especially with the baby.

LittleAcorns
08-04-2010, 08:18 AM
Please keep smiling :D its tough to addapt and everything will be fine, just be firm with your little one throws things, then when hes playing nicely give him loads of cuddles and tell him how well he is playing big hug to you xx

youarewhatyoueat
08-04-2010, 08:35 AM
It drove my youngest nuts having mindees here when I started he was 2 and just starting playgroup which he loved, I upped his hours as soon as he was old enough and kept a day free for him and me and it was fine.
I do have 4 children of my own so try not to commit to afterschool and holidays as they need their space and I respect that.

AliceK
08-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Hi
My DD was just 2 when I started, she's 2 and half now and has recently been going thro the "mine, mine, mine" stage. EVERYTHING is hers and she would have a right paddy if anyone else even looked at "her" things :laughing: . I've just kept calm and explained that we need to share things and persevered and it is improving now. I have also seen her push others, but then again most of my mindees are around the 2yr old mark and I've seen them all do it, that and snatching things etc etc. You know what 2yr olds are like. I've found that if they do something which will hurt someone else I will be VERY firm with them, they DO understand and it seems to work.
Putting myself in my own childrens shoes it must be hard to suddenly have to share their home and their mummy with others and I do make allowances and make sure they get extra cuddles and praise etc.
Stick with it, your LO will learn and grow out of this and in the long run will appreciate that you are at home working instead of out working.
Good luck

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NaggyNat
08-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Thanks everyone!

Went out today and he was changed so much. He went pale and quiet and just wanted cuddles. We were in the park and he was like a different child. He is not a cuddly little one but he was and it wa slike he was coming down with something. My sister took him out for the day which I know was probably wrong.

The thing is, he gets on with everyone and every other mindee he is fine with but not this one. She ignores him and snatches things, doesnt share etc. My son has been bought up to share everything and he does and just wants to make friends. He has been trying with her all day but she doesnt want to know.

He goes to prechool two mornings a week and he loves it so I am going to up this (money stopped us from increasing hours til now) and I think I will send him on the day this mindee comes to me. He loves school anyway and I think it will do him so much good.

I'm hormonal and really emotional today and found it hard to deal with. I just hate the thought he isnt coping too well. When he threw toys I was firm with him, as I am with the mindees. I ensure I dont treat him any differently an dbelieve me he doesnt get away with very much!

Thank you all so much for your advice...will keep on and we will see what happens xxxxx

cuddlybunny38
08-04-2010, 02:15 PM
I am here if you ever want a chat Nat. x

NaggyNat
08-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Thanks hun.....I love it apart from this......my poor bubba :( xxxxx

The Juggler
08-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Thanks hun.....I love it apart from this......my poor bubba :( xxxxx

he'll be fine. will take some time to adjust. remember if you don't do this you might be out at work and he wouldnt' be with you at all! hard to explian that to a 2 year old though.

I tried with my dd once, saying if mummy doesn't have other children then I need to go back to my office on the train and you'll have to go back to Gilly's (she was their chidminder before I started). She and DS both said yeay! we want to go back to Gilly's:laughing: :laughing:

Seriously though he will settle down, my dd did eventually.

Blue Boy
08-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Stick with it things will get better:thumbsup:

Spangles
08-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Don't give up! He'll get used to it soon I promise.

x

celdemorg
08-04-2010, 07:14 PM
I know exactly how you feel hun, my ds was and still is on the very few odd occasions the same and he's also 2, but it will get better.

I have a little mindee who constantly wants to have what he has or stamps on his jigsaw, train tracks etc that he's spent ages doing, some days I think she does it by spite, and I feel that i'm raising my voice too much, days like that make me want to cry too. Everything is hers and she doesn't like sharing, I know my little one is no angel and can have his share, but he does give the mindees his toys to play with, and then this little girl doesn't want them then.:angry: I have kept some of his favourite toys aside, so they don't get ruined and he can keep these for himself.:)

xxxx

Hope you have a better day tmrw, chin up:)