PDA

View Full Version : Should I complain???

little_gems
07-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Right as some of you might have know i had my inspection today.

He rang yesturday about 2 o clock and said he would either be here today or monday!

Well he turned up and:
Didnt have his ID
Walked into the lounge where i introduced him to the children one child wears an eye patch and he pointed at it and said what ahve you done to your eye!!!:panic: i explained that it makes her other eye stronger!!!

He didn't want to see me intoract with the children just sit and answer his questions at one point DH asked if he wanted the door shut he said yes so we could talk as the children were out side playing

Then asked what colour the toy phone was to one of the children which was the same child which had had the eye patch on ealier. Once she was out of the room he said well a 4 year old should be able to tell me the colours :angry: at which point i pointed out she had been wearing a patch( he did appolgise) but i felt he shouldnt have made this comment.

I showed him my SEF which i had explined was a working progress as i had started to write it up on paper then i had started typing it on the computer he didnt even read it but said that i hadnt eveluated my self and i had listed what i did, not why i did it!!! he hadnt read one word!!! :angry:

At the end he said I'd got a GOOD which dont get me wrong i am really pleased about but he said i couldnt get outstanding as it wasnt geared up for just children (its my house as well).

i then asked if i could tell my parent or should i wait and he said no you can tell them becuas ei wont be changing my mind!! And you cant complain about what ive said unless it fundemently wrong!!!

Should i say something or just leave it?????

wendywu
07-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Sorry but if he did not have his ID he would have got through the front door.:mad:

I suppose you could complain about that and his manner.:(

little_gems
07-04-2010, 08:21 PM
i no i shouldnt have let him through the door really but i just didnt no what to do!!!

funfunfun
07-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Sorry but if he did not have his ID he would have got through the front door.:mad:

as above no ID no coming in im afraid !!

AliceK
07-04-2010, 08:22 PM

Same here. I would have refused to let him in.
He sounds like a right Pr*t :angry:

xxxxxx

solly
07-04-2010, 08:26 PM
I would of not let him in either with no ID. I would make a complaint even if it is just about his mannerism

TammyN
07-04-2010, 08:28 PM
he sound's awfully familiar in his lax attitude :blush: wonder if i had the same inspector.

note it all down and read again in a few day see if you feel the same, you are probably still wound up at the moment. i would prob send in a letter to state your concerns but they may bite back with 'why did you let him in?'

be proud of your grade tho, it's hard work!

little_gems
07-04-2010, 08:46 PM
the reason i let him in is coz he rang the day before and said he would be there before 1 o clock and i asked if he had anything and he had thing printed with my details and sef details and he said he'd show me his laptop!!

TammyN
07-04-2010, 08:49 PM
the reason i let him in is coz he rang the day before and said he would be there before 1 o clock and i asked if he had anything and he had thing printed with my details and sef details and he said he'd show me his laptop!!

you would think he would be more professional than that, wouldn't you!
i see what you mean tho u knew to expect him, etc.
i hope you are chilling now

sarah707
07-04-2010, 08:50 PM
It's not your fault for letting him in!!

It is his fault for not bringing his ID... and because of that he shouldn't even have knocked. :(

He had absolutely no right to pick on a child who is disabled by an eye patch. He needs reporting for that alone :(

Hugs xx

Mouse
07-04-2010, 08:52 PM
It's obvioulsy really getting to you, so I would write a letter of complaint... then put it away and see how you feel in a few days time.

It might be that you still feel the need to complain, or it might be that you feel better for just having written it down & got it off your chest. Then maybe wait for your report to come through & see how it reads. Again, you might still feel aggrieved, or you might feel very pleased with how it reads. Just take a bit of time to think things through and let yourself calm down.

The inspector was clearly at fault if he didn't have any ID on him, but you shouldn't really have let him in without it. It might be something that you should tell Ofsted, but as feedback rather than a complaint, IYSWIM.

The Juggler
08-04-2010, 07:48 AM
oh hon, he sounds awful. to be so disrespectful to the child you had! and how does he explain how other childminders who get oustanding - do their homes not look like homes???

Def. complain hon.

Cammie Doodle
08-04-2010, 08:12 AM
I would of let him in, hate making a scene, sorry he was obnoxious , but well done on a GOOD :clapping: :clapping:

youarewhatyoueat
08-04-2010, 08:40 AM
I would let it go, forget and move on, He may well be out of a job soon anyway and staff moral I expect is pretty low with the inspectors as they are being privatised.
He sounds pretty awful but I bet any complaints will be passed on and ignored.Is it worth it unless you think you got the wrong grade.

mama2three
08-04-2010, 08:47 AM
i would complain , he will continue to do this to other minders unless something is said. the new private companies are taking on the current inspectors to maintain consistency when the system changes .. so he wont be out of a job .
There was a thread fairly recently about a minder who did complain , and was dealt with really well during the process. sorry cant remember who it was though. her inspector was brought to task and has hopefully had to amend their practice.

Got to say though - well done on your Good , though its not the grade but the manner i would be complaining about .. especially his dreadful comments to your mindee , so much for inclusion!