PDA

View Full Version : is feeling a little bit deflated!!!

little_gems
07-04-2010, 02:36 PM
well OFSTED rang yesturday afternoon to say they might be coming today!!! they did at 12. o clock (sure they he did on perpose)

I got an over all GOOD (which i am pleased about) but i feel a bit disharetened as he didnt really look at my SEF (it was only half done and pn paper) and he said that i hadnt really answered the questions and i hadn't graded my self so i only got a satisfactory for self eveluation.

When i asked how i could impove to get outstanding he said that it all had to be about the children (basicly a separte play room) which i dont think is fair.
If you look around my house it looks like a mini nursery:

Kids have thier own coat pegs, notice boards, parents information board, a huge self selection storage in the lounge, changing area.

Apart from that it did go well!!
least its done for 3 years

oakie dokie
07-04-2010, 02:41 PM
well done anyway! they always come up with some reason for not giving an outstanding. friend was graded good and she asked the same question, its because she not done her nvq 3, yet another minder (rest in peace) got outstanding without nvq 3, so its all upto the inspector on the day!!

you have done really well any how!!:clapping:

Fabby
07-04-2010, 02:46 PM
That is fantastic to get Good!! Well done you!

Toothfairy
07-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Congratulations on your 'Good' grading, thats fantastic.:thumbsup:

I don't have a seperate room for childminding, I use my lounge/diner and I have just been graded outstanding.

Don't feel down, getting 'Good' is a great achievement, you should be realy chuffed with yourself.

Well done :thumbsup:

breezy
07-04-2010, 02:55 PM
well done, good is a result you should be proud of :clapping: :clapping:

Blue Boy
07-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Well done you:clapping: Please don't get yourself upset you know how hard you work and so do your parents and children at the end of the day they are the ones who count, not someone you may never see again:thumbsup:

The Juggler
07-04-2010, 03:48 PM
well done on your good and you don't need a play room hon. I got outstanding in my SEF and my ability to evaluate myself but when I asked what I need to do to get overall outstanding they said just to continue to evaluate my practice!:panic:

I give up ! I think good is fantastic and that means 'strong' practice remember not just OK. Satisfactor is as expected, good means strong practice.

miffy
07-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Well done on your good grade.

Miffy xx

Winnie
07-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Congratulations, you should be proud of yourself :thumbsup:

little_gems
07-04-2010, 07:46 PM
i'm just wondering if i should complain??

TammyN
07-04-2010, 07:53 PM
well done on your good and you don't need a play room hon. I got outstanding in my SEF and my ability to evaluate myself but when I asked what I need to do to get overall outstanding they said just to continue to evaluate my practice!:panic:

I give up ! I think good is fantastic and that means 'strong' practice remember not just OK. Satisfactor is as expected, good means strong practice.

i had the same explanation in my inspection, i asked how i could get outstanding and he replied the same as above quote! it's really frustrating when they can't tell you what they want but still won't give it you. i din't complain but im sorry now as my new coordinator said i should have reading my report! i agree 'good' is strong and they really should change the wording to reflect this!

well done on your 'good' grading :clapping: