PDA

View Full Version : what would you do?

mojo0403
07-04-2010, 01:47 PM
I am new (first week this week), and am currently looking after a 9 month old & 4 year old (brother & sister) mon, tues, weds.

So I have spaces left for thurs & fri. Just had a text off a lady who I spoken to last week wanting to come and see me in the morning with her husband. Not sure really if I want them to come as she has not had baby yet due 10th june and wants to go back to work end of july meaning baby will be only 6 weeks old.

6 weeks in my opinion is too soon and I feel its too much responsibilty for me. Its only for two days a week but im having my doubts. Has anybody else taken on a baby this young before?

Just want your feedback please.

Also waiting for parents who came to see me last friday to get back to me for their 6 month (she will be 10 month old when starts), daughter to do the thurs & fri too, said they would let me know by fri but just text them to see if they have come to a decision as explained I have someone else looking at the place too.

My goodness I hate decision making, not very good at it.

Look forward to your feedback :) x

tracey36
07-04-2010, 01:54 PM
iv had 2 6 weeks olds before and even one a week old that was only for a few hours a week though but the 6 week olds were full time, if you dont have any other children on these days you can concentrate soley on the baby, to be honest at that age all they do is eat and sleep its the poor mom that has to get up throught the nite we get to hand them back :) its personal choice though if you feel the baby will be to young i wouldnt take on the commitment, personally i enjoyed havign them so young and they are both still with me and coming up to 4 years old now

AliceK
07-04-2010, 01:56 PM
It has to be your decision but personally I wouldn't want to look after a baby so young I would not really consider a baby under 6 mths but that's just me. If you think you will manage then see her, thats the great thing about this job, we can decide what we want to do. Good luck. Sounds like you have got off to a great start.

xxxxxx

mama2three
07-04-2010, 02:07 PM
i would have the 6 week old in a flash... especially if they are likely to be fairly long term as they will bond with you and you dont have the seperation anxiety to deal with that comes with older babies. Plus they ( in general) sleep a great deal which gives you quality time with other mindees / your children.

funemnx
07-04-2010, 02:20 PM
i would have the 6 week old in a flash... especially if they are likely to be fairly long term as they will bond with you and you dont have the seperation anxiety to deal with that comes with older babies. Plus they ( in general) sleep a great deal which gives you quality time with other mindees / your children.

Exactly what I was going to say - I've had 2 babies this young before and loved it! No problems at all with either of them. The bonus is that they grow up in your family and you have a lovely bond with them :)

mamasheshe
07-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Exactly what I was going to say - I've had 2 babies this young before and loved it! No problems at all with either of them. The bonus is that they grow up in your family and you have a lovely bond with them :)

yep i#d take the six week xx but be careful people change their minds after actually having the baby :D

jelly15
07-04-2010, 07:07 PM
I only take babies from 3 months.

FussyElmo
07-04-2010, 07:09 PM

Have had a baby from 6 weeks and I would do it again 2mo. It was fabulous and agree with all the above :thumbsup:

mojo0403
07-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Thanks ladies for your input. Your all fab!:clapping:

The parents are coming tomorrow morning, they wanted to come at 9am but put it back a bit to 9.30 so can stay in bed a little longer :blush:

The other set of parents who came on friday has said she is really happy with my setting and seeing her boss about days etc. tomorrow so will let me know asap. Would prefer them as baby is 10 months but you guys have made it sound positive having a baby in the house. We will just have to wait and see what happens now.

take care all x

breezy
07-04-2010, 08:04 PM
I agree with all thats been said, love looking after babies !!

pinklady
07-04-2010, 08:18 PM
I agree with all thats been said, love looking after babies !!

Me too!

Good luck for tomorrow xx