PDA

View Full Version : HELP about rash / virus needed

KatyDix
07-04-2010, 10:27 AM
Hi everyone
My mindee's mum rang this morning saying he had a rash and he was going to the doctors at 11.00am. I said I didn't think I should have him until he'd seen the doctor.
She's just brought him round. She said the doctor said not to worry about it it is just a virus. Dropped him off and left.
I'm thinking err - viruses are contagious! Do you think I should have refused to take him?
Now I'm worried mine are going to get it.

funtoplay
07-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Hi,

Usually viral rashes are contagious before the rash comes out. If there are no other symptoms and he has seen the doctor. I wouldn't worry too much, if it is just the rash and he is fine in himself.

Julia

AliceK
07-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Hi,

Usually viral rashes are contagious before the rash comes out. If there are no other symptoms and he has seen the doctor. I wouldn't worry too much, if it is just the rash and he is fine in himself.
Julia

Agree. My DS had quite a few "viral rashes". I used to joke that if the doctor didn't know what was wrong the standard answer was "it's just viral".

If he's fine in himself then don't worry just keep an eye out for temp going up etc.

xxxxxxxx