PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed please!!!!

hev
06-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Hi all, this may sound stupid but i need advice.
I am due an inspection soon and i have never been so nervious in my life. It has now got to the stage where i am getting loads of phonecalls about kids and i keep saying im full. I am really scared incase im not doing enough paperwork, so i dont want to take on anymore till after the inspection so i can make sure im doing it right and not get a fail!!!#

What would you do?
Sorry to go on, im just worried that the cc might take my registration off me

Hev xx

sandy64
06-04-2010, 06:32 PM
stop take a deep breathe calm down hun,its really not that bad im sure do a check list contracts info,policys r.a are they in order? do you do eyfs? have you got learning journal for lo with lots of photos,lo work, obs etc if thats ready what are you really worried about ? what paper work? dont turn lo down its your buisness. :)

mamasheshe
06-04-2010, 06:40 PM
what specific paperwork are you worried about we can try and helpxxxxx

Gizmo
06-04-2010, 06:42 PM
hev please dont panic the cc wont take your reg off you unless you are doing something illegall, I am due my 1st inspection soon too and am very nervous but I am lucky as I have a good cm group around me. Do you have any other local cms near you that you can chat too, phone your cdo or the SCMA if you are feeling thst scared they will help you. Dont turn down calls they are few and far between as it is.
If you want to pm me xx

carlen222
23-04-2010, 09:39 PM
my advice is to purchase sarahs scottish childminders e-books...and a pile of her other ones too!!!! i got my 1st sef pack in today!!!! i have sat here for the past 8 hours filling in the form with the help of sarahs 'your care commission inspection' book, it has been a pure life saver!!!! xx

Littlefootprint
24-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Hi
Just joined and read your post. I have just been given a childminder moderator who is coming to check my OAP stuff and give me advice how to improve. She has an outstanding on her grading and will show me how to improve the way I record. It is sometimes easier to have outside help as they see things from a fresh pair of eyes. Generally the moderator will give you advice for 6 wks until you feel confident in what you are doing. It is free to opt to have someone come and help you. I was told about as this option by my local childminding co-ordinator. Even if you organise this and only see her once b4 your inspection, you will feel more confident.