View Full Version : tax advice

19-03-2008, 11:38 PM
My sister has recently undertaken a childminding introduction course and the instructor stated that she'd had her driveway improved so more cars could park on her drive. She claimed this as an expense as it allowed parents a safer enviroment for dropping of/collecting. Has anybody else had a similar experience and if so what % etc can you claim? (I've recently moved and have had work done to improve the house and wonder if any of it can be offset)
many thanks in advance

20-03-2008, 08:05 AM
Claiming back tax for capital expenditure is a very complex area - you are improving the house for business purposes, but you are also raising the price of your property.

I would suggest you speak either to a specialist accountant or to the tax office advice line.

Good luck! :D

22-03-2008, 12:01 PM
Thanks for your reply. I will contact the inland revenue for advice.
best wishes