PDA

View Full Version : 10 year old mindee and bike?

emmadines
06-04-2010, 07:51 AM
I have a couple of mindees during the holiday, mum has suggested that the 10 year old mindee brings his bike and pops out the fromt... what are your opinions of this??? what would you say or do???

ps she be here in an hour.

christine e
06-04-2010, 07:53 AM
I have a couple of mindees during the holiday, mum has suggested that the 10 year old mindee brings his bike and pops out the fromt... what are your opinions of this??? what would you say or do???

ps she be here in an hour.

If you are happy with this then ok but make sure you have written permission and I personally would insist on a helmet.

Cx

Mookins
06-04-2010, 07:55 AM
can you keep her safe>...can you keep an eye on her and any others whilst making sure they all have appropriate care?

have you done risk assessments? would your insurance cover it ?

these are questions that immediatly pooped into my head

x x x

Hebs
06-04-2010, 07:59 AM
personally i would say no

emmadines
06-04-2010, 07:59 AM
[QUOTE=Mookins;682197]

can you keep her safe>...can you keep an eye on her and any others whilst making sure they all have appropriate care? only if im out front but i wont be with 2 under 5, 2x 8 year olds and not if its cold brrrrr
have you done risk assessments? would your insurance cover it ?not yet and i really dont know. i have my insurance with the ncma
these are questions that immediatly pooped into my head

funfunfun
06-04-2010, 08:25 AM
My opinion is no not out front as you have other children as well .

maybe if there was a park/field somewhere near you that you could take them with bikes walking them there and back so you keep an eye on them

Letting them ride whilst you are there

also permissions as mentioned and without a helmet NO NO NO :)

caz3007
06-04-2010, 10:23 AM
I have 11 year olds in the holidays and have minded them for a long time. Sometimes other children have knocked for them, but they arent allowed to play out. One pair live close to me and if we are going to the park, we sometimes collect their bikes on the way (with mums permission)

Tam's Tribe
06-04-2010, 11:25 AM
I wouldnt allow it . . . I mind children ranging from 11 months to 10 yrs and I always like to see the children when they are in my care, even if I had permission (I have had a parent say her DS could go to the shop while I mind him and I said NOPE!!!!) . . . my kids and mindees all play out back while in my care.

AliceK
06-04-2010, 12:22 PM
No way. Unless I could be out there with mindee there is no way any child in my care would be playing out the front even though I live in a quiet traffic free area it is not worth the risk, anything could happen.

xxxxx

bandlady
06-04-2010, 12:33 PM
How often do you have the child? If full time and this is the only opportunity child gets to use bike I would say yes if its fits in with you and you live in an area where the bike can be used. If the child only comes part time I would suggest that the bike be left at home and the child can use it when at home. Only you can really make this decision.

Denise

mushpea
06-04-2010, 01:02 PM
probably a bit late now, but i would have said no because supposing the child fell off the bike and hurt themselves, how would you get to the child when you have other children in you care in your home? would you have to leave others on their own ?

emmadines
06-04-2010, 03:47 PM
these are my thoughts too, im quiet uncomfortable with the thought of him going out..... i had to change appointment times due to a printer diying and needing to replace it..... permission slips needed to be printed off :s

miffy
06-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Did you agree to this or not?

Personally it would be a no for me - I wouldn't be comfortable being responsible for a child when I don't know where they are or what they're doing.

Miffy xx

emmadines
06-04-2010, 06:44 PM
i said id rather not