PDA

View Full Version : how much and what do you write in daily diaries?

rachelle
05-04-2010, 06:51 PM
wish I'd never started writing loads in original mindees. Writing a lot less in new mindees and it doesn't take over the day so much. I use an A5 book which is okay but sometimes seems to go on for pages! Do you just give key info or a run down of what you've done etc?

beccas
05-04-2010, 06:52 PM
i write:

nappies
feeds
sleeps
drinks

maybe a bit of info for parents and also i write anything i want that i want to them to remeber.

green puppy
05-04-2010, 07:04 PM
I write;
Breakfast
Lunch
Tea
Sleep
Nappies
My day- a short summery from childs point of veiw
Childminder comments-anything particular that happened, childs mood,any new acheivements,anything I need for child etc...
Parents comments

I usually write everything on one and abit pages, parents can write as much as they like. Mine are all good at writing great feedback and communicatgion as pick up and drop offs are all relativly quick. I try and include as much as possible as it's a great communication tool, the diary's are also full of look,listen and note type of obs and some next steps. Also good for looking back at things and photocopying nice comments from parents! I keep all finished diaries until the child leaves my care.

sarah707
05-04-2010, 07:05 PM
I write things they need to know like nappies, sleeps etc.

I always try and pick out a nice thing that's happened from the day to share as well :D

Tam's Tribe
05-04-2010, 07:09 PM
I have a email version of a tick sheet WHAT I DID TODAY about nappies changes, meals, drinks, naps, settled or not, accidents or not, crafts or not and a little paragraph on the day with photos, any milestones reached . . . I update when the LOs are napping and then email to parents when all mindees go home . . . I have my laptop on all day and it is quick and easy for me . . . it works a treat for me and the parents love it, especially the photos . . . I didnt want to do an A5 book which goes back and forwards and the parents always send me comments via email so that is good for me too.

singlewiththree
05-04-2010, 07:22 PM
I have an A5 book but only write on one side and it usually contains a photo from my pogo printer. I usually write what they have eaten, nappies and positive activities that we have done.

TheBTeam
05-04-2010, 07:35 PM
I do one side of an A5 note book, writing in the factual stuff of nappies, sleeps, milk, food etc and then a couple of paragraphs of what we have done or something significant the child has done, now I have a Pogo may start to include odd photos here and there. If the child is a baby under 1, I do it in the order it happens throughout the day, and if older and the meal times etc are the set ones I just write it under the headings in the same format every day.

peanuts
05-04-2010, 09:01 PM
i love the idea of the e-mail sheet, saves a lot on paper. You couldnt e-mail me a wee look at it please.

karen

loocyloo
06-04-2010, 08:06 AM
i use an A5 folder, and usually write a side/side and a half meals/sleeps/nappies plus where we went/who we saw etc, and any particualr messages for parents. plus photos.

Tatjana
06-04-2010, 10:39 AM
I use A5 notebooks, using one side per day listing meals/snacks, nappies, naps, main trip/activity or favourite toy/game of the day.

xx

breezy
06-04-2010, 02:04 PM
A5 notebook, with nappies, feeds/meals, activities, sleeps etc