PDA

View Full Version : How do I find a participation policy for Scotland?

Pela
05-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Hi there, :D

Thank you all for your help the last time I posed a question. :)

Can anyone help me this time? I need to find a participation policy that applies to Scotland? :confused:

When I had my inspection in February, I was told to include, and I quote:-
"a policy reflecting the range of action taken to promote parents and children't participation in service development. The childminder is advised to develop a participation policy. This will also help promote continuity of practice from year to year" unquote!! :eek:

I haven't got a clue where I would find any information about this policy or an example. :panic:

LeeAnn
01-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Hmm I don't have one of these and I am due my first inspection very soon.

I would put in it that I do questionnaires, newsletters, informal chat. Info board for patents, daily diaries? Photographs? All of the things that you do where the parents can offer you feedback, this is allowing them to participate.

Hope I am on the right track, I will need to go put one together I think , thanks for mentioning it

carlen222
10-05-2010, 09:22 PM
when filling out my sef and clicking on the wee ? it mentions participation strategy a few times, what on earth is it???

sarah707
11-05-2010, 06:58 AM
Exactly as LeeAnn says it's about showing how you work in partnership with parents.

Parent partnerships is a bit part of what the CC are looking for at inspection.

Just list the ways you commit to work together with parents for the benefit of the child and add evidence where you can eg your latest newsletter, a photo of your parents notice board before you change it all around etc.

Hth :D

EvGen
29-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Hi guys, I'm a new childminder. What is a parent's notice board?

Alibali
31-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Hi guys, I'm a new childminder. What is a parent's notice board?

Just a notice board with info for the parents, CC certificate, insurance cert, first aid cert, then I put on newsletter, holidays, planning sheet and any leaflets I think the parents would be interested in.