PDA

View Full Version : Feeding 'em!

Vyx
05-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Hi Folks

Well Im a busy little bee getting things ready for the phone to start ringing :D

Something that is worrying me a bit though :blush: what do I feed the LOs?
Obviously I'm not considering a diet of Walkers and Galaxy bars and I understand the requirement of providing a nutritious and balanced menu.....BUT!..........how does that translate into the day to day?

Yet again I am calling on experienced mums and CMs to share a typical menu.

Many thanks in anticiaption of your input.

Vyx

xx

sandy64
05-04-2010, 05:10 PM
is it lunch your giving or tea as well? i do lunch i try and keep to easy snack meals as quicker so do things like beans/spaghetti/cheese & toast yoghurt or fruit homemade muffins or flap jacks. sandwiches with tuna/egg/ham/cheese spread with fruit,yoghurt carrot/cucumber stix, mini sausages. soup and roll, i dont do tea any more hope this helps:)

singlewiththree
05-04-2010, 05:29 PM
I feed breakfast and lunch so for breakfast its porridge/weetabix/toast that sort of thing and for lunch I usually give the under 1's mushed up version of what I feed my own children the night before. I tend to give the over 1's
tuna wraps
toasties
sandwiches
hotpot
casserole
chicken dinner
jacket potato
Mackrel bake

Followed by fromage frais and fruit

maisiemog
06-04-2010, 01:54 PM
I've been struggling with this as well as I'm planning on having a 4 week rolling menu to save me having to rewrite it all the time.

Lunches I've gone for things like sandwiches, bagels, beans, scrambled egg etc on toast, soups, boiled eggs and soldiers with fruit, yogurts for pudding

Dinners- I went on netmums and looked in their recipe section but I want it to be stuff me and DH can eat as well to save cooking 2 meals each day. So far I've got casseroles (sausage and chicken ones!), spag bog, pasta bake, fahitas and homemade wedges, homemade pizza (can get LOs to decorate their own), jacket potatoes, cottage pie etc!

Being healthy isn't as hard as you think really. Just make sure you offer a balanced diet. There are loads of easy recipes and advice out there if you look! Think there is also a recipe section somewhere on the forum!