PDA

View Full Version : Had an enquiry but unsure

maisiemog
05-04-2010, 12:40 PM
I've had an enquiry from a lady who has 2 children, aged 6mths and 2.5yrs old. She's after a full time minder but she works 5 days out of 7 so could include saturdays and sundays. She's really struggling to find someone and I really need the business but I'm reluctant to work weekends.

We go to church on a sunday and I really dont want to not go as its important to us but not sure how this would work if I am minding some sundays. Plus Sunday is DHs only time off and I dont want to miss out on us having time together.

DH says to do it as its not every sunday but not sure. Mum coming to see me on Thursday. Plus this would fill me up so i know i probably shouldnt turn it down if she wants to sign up.

what do you think

Hebs
05-04-2010, 12:55 PM
sorry cant advise cos it is a decision only you can make

but

i work weekends :D

Mookins
05-04-2010, 01:00 PM
as already said its your call hun

x x

The Juggler
05-04-2010, 01:02 PM
don't do something you're not really prepared/want to do as you'll only end up regretting/resenting it. Tell her you can offer weekdays only. She may be able to find alternative arrangements for teh weekend hon.

x

caz3007
05-04-2010, 01:15 PM
I had a mum who wanted occassional weekends, but when I told her its £6 per hour, she has managed to sort them out and I only mind in the week. Would do the odd Saturday if I had to, but no way would I work Sundays, its the only day we all get together as a family

margaret
05-04-2010, 02:16 PM
my kids have left home and i look after children every other weekend money is excellent but it is something i regret doing ,i never have enough me time and often work 12 days on trot ,have been doing this for a year now,the mum is looking for new job and i have already told the mum i no longer want weekends but happy to carry on until June to give her time,its a big commitment especially if family still at home and you do start to resent it ,when it starts to eat into family visits and organising days of for training,but only you can decide.

singlewiththree
05-04-2010, 02:36 PM
I would wait and see what she has to say it could be that you are able to tell her that you really can't work sundays and she may find family/friend to do that day. It is always worth just having a chat first you don't have to make your mind up on the day you could say you are going to have to think about it, discuss it with hubby etc. I really need the money but won't work weekends or holidays as I can't physically get everything done if I don't

Chimps Childminding
05-04-2010, 04:45 PM
I may consider it if it was only the odd one, but wouldn't take it on as a regular thing. Does she have a shift pattern that you could suss out how often week-ends would be in the rota? Also it depends very much on what other children you have, if you have others in the week, and then these 2 at the week-end (even if it isn't every week-end) it means you wont get a break for quite a while.

Daftbat
05-04-2010, 05:49 PM
I used to do this for a child years ago and it was ok. The mum was at the end of her tether as she couldn't find anyone else. I don't work weekends any more but the child is still with me 7and a half years later! Sometimes you have to weigh up the possibilities for the future as well as what works right now. You could always stipulate that you will check the rota well in advance and make sure they are prepared for some days that you can't do.