PDA

View Full Version : Hungry Caterpillar bargain - going to make a story sack

Cazz
05-04-2010, 12:32 PM
I picked up from my local Tesco last week a box set with the Hungry Caterpillar board book and a caterpillar soft toy. It was £5.00 (rrp £10.99).

I bought it to make a story sack - I've never done one before but hope to get onto it in the next month.

francinejayne
05-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Ooh that sounds like a good bargain!
I'm in the process of doing the Gruffalo!

AnnieM
05-04-2010, 01:22 PM
First one I did was the Hungry Caterpillar, I too am doing the Gruffalo and Harry and his Bucketful of Dinosaurs at the moment, got the books, just need to keep collecting the bits to go with them. I love story sacks. :thumbsup:

MAWI
05-04-2010, 01:31 PM
I have not done a story sack. sounds really good always wanted to but never got around to it. Do you use any particualr type of sack or where can you purchase them??

Hats
05-04-2010, 03:57 PM
I have not done a story sack. sounds really good always wanted to but never got around to it. Do you use any particualr type of sack or where can you purchase them??

I got my story sack from ebay. Have a Hungry Caterpillar 1 and Old Macdonald one. Think they were about £5.00 each. The sellers id was creative_cotton_bags (I can't sew so couldn't attempt to make them myself).

sillysausage
05-04-2010, 04:14 PM
I picked up from my local Tesco last week a box set with the Hungry Caterpillar board book and a caterpillar soft toy. It was £5.00 (rrp £10.99).

Check out Boots too. They were recently doing a hungry caterpillar toy butterfly that folded up into a cocoon
http://www.boots.com/en/Emerging-Butterfly-Bath-Cocoon_1014566/
perfect to go with your caterpillar and book.

margaret
05-04-2010, 04:31 PM
There is a good floor jigsaw puzzle - tescos, pack of cards and a great dvd which kids love.

TammyN
05-04-2010, 04:47 PM

I bought it to make a story sack - I've never done one before but hope to get onto it in the next month.

oooh im going to look online now, im doing my 1st story sack too and have chose hungry caterpiller as it's my favourite! :laughing:
ive just ordered bags of chell from this forum?

funfunfun
05-04-2010, 05:55 PM

Play.com have lots of hungry caterpiller thing

mini library and cames etc free delivery too !!

Cant wait to make one myself

beccas
05-04-2010, 05:57 PM
i have got 2 hungey caterpillar and old macdonald got lots of puppets and some books off chell on here....

got lots of ebay as well as amazon butused link for amazon from forum you welome to use them until you get some funfunfun.. along with my whole house lol:laughing:

funfunfun
05-04-2010, 05:58 PM
i will be coming in a cpl of weeks to pick up lots and lots of toys :)

margaret
05-04-2010, 06:10 PM
www.dltk-tech.com have loads of gret printouts or sacks