PDA

View Full Version : Kids digital cameras any good?

singlewiththree
05-04-2010, 07:37 AM
My DD wants a digitial camera for her birthday she will be 5. When my first dd wanted one I just bought her a cheap proper camera and it broke quite quickly. are the kids one's any good as they are pretty expensive.

sarah707
05-04-2010, 08:23 AM
They are usually quite low on pixels.

We borrowed one from our DO and I sent it home with the children so they could take photos of their home toys etc.

Apart from eating batteries (thankfully they used re-chargeable) the pics were a poor quality and I was quite disappointed.

I would buy the highest possible :D

mama2three
05-04-2010, 08:43 AM
lloyds chemist online had a kids tough one for only £10 a while ago , may be worth a look.
ds has the vtech kidzoom. its ok , the light has to be just right to get a good picture , most are poor. but at 3 hes quite happy as most of the pictures would be blurred / poor with even the best camera! He likes the games on it too. I agree with sarah , it really eats batteries!

melliemel
05-04-2010, 08:47 AM
I bought the vtech kiddizoom for dd last year. She loves it & uses it quite a lot. As Sarah mentioned, the quality isn't great as they are low pixels, but there is a video option & games on it as well as funny frames, pics you can add onto the screen. DD was taking pics of DS with easter bunny ears this morning!

It's very robust, has been thrown down the stairs a couple of times & is often played with in the garden where it gets chucked around a bit. This is 1 pro for it in comparison to a cheap "normal" digital camera.

They are great fun & the kids love using it. I bought ours from Costco so it was a lot cheaper than in the shops. I would check out the options first though to make sure you can get one with as high megapixels as possible.

Hope this helps!

Mel x

sandy64
05-04-2010, 09:05 AM
hi weve got the vtech kiddie zoom its good for that age and fun we also have the basic little tykes one wouldnt recomend it pics are very poor.:)

francinejayne
05-04-2010, 10:31 AM
vtech kiddie zoom is on sale at the moment in Argos - £15 off!!! :D

mum26
05-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Thanks - I have just reserved one for my daughter - just had her birthday so some money to spend.

mamasheshe
05-04-2010, 05:43 PM
yep we have v tech one we are very happy my DDS just 5 but my two yo loves it to