PDA

View Full Version : story sack sacks

Helen Dempster
04-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Hi all. I'm yet to make some story sacks (just haven't had the time!) I was just wondering what you all use for the sacks themselves - I was thinking of getting drawstring bags. How do you all do the pictures on the bags though? Do you have them professionally printed, do you draw them yourselves?

I love the idea of these sacks and can't wait to make some!!!!

margaret
05-04-2010, 07:01 AM
i bought some lovely drawstring sacks with picture on from ebay,think they were 5.99 but worth it,much quicker than making them myself .

caz3007
05-04-2010, 07:02 AM
I bought some bags locally and laminated tags for the handle with the name and picture of the book on

sarah707
05-04-2010, 07:19 AM
I use plain bags from Chell (on here) and laminate labels.

I also have a couple of pre-printed ones but they were a lot more expensive and are not as flexible :D

wellybelly
05-04-2010, 09:07 AM
i bought some lovely drawstring sacks with picture on from ebay,think they were 5.99 but worth it,much quicker than making them myself .

Ditto - I did this and emailed the person first with what I wanted. She kindly made the picture and emailed it back for me to check all before I'd parted with any money, so I knew what I was getting. I have 3 all together - the 3 little pigs, the hungry caterpillar and the gingerbread man.

green puppy
05-04-2010, 09:22 AM
I use fabric pens or fabric crayons, I put the book in the bag and trace the picture, colour it then iron over the image. It stays put and can be washed, if the children are old enough then they can do it themselves. My bags cost about 60/70p each, so split the cost of fabric pens between the 5 that I've made it works out to less than £2 a bag! Only takes about 15 minutes too.

Tigertots
05-04-2010, 05:40 PM
I use the plastic zip bags you can buy from stationary shops

funfunfun
06-04-2010, 09:19 AM
I use plain bags from Chell (on here) and laminate labels.

I also have a couple of pre-printed ones but they were a lot more expensive and are not as flexible :D

How do i find where chells bags are ??

RainbowMum
06-04-2010, 10:31 AM
I tie dyed some pillowcases, different colour for different books xx

angiemog
06-04-2010, 11:40 AM
I used transfer paper for mine, printed a pic and ironed it on. There are 2 types one for dark material and one for light so you just need to make sure you get the right one. I think mine worked out about 50p a sheet. x

Fabby
07-04-2010, 11:50 AM
our local children's centre's have lots of story sacks we can lend for a period of time! how good is that? not usre if every centre does this...:)

georgie456
07-04-2010, 12:26 PM
If you are using fabric pens etc, it could be nice to let the children decorate the bag - as long as you can tell what they story actually is from what they draw!

TammyN
07-04-2010, 12:35 PM
How do i find where chells bags are ??

i found them from looking her up click on her profile and then going on her website, really useful.
my bags arrived today from Chell, only ordered on Monday and they are fab!:clapping: