PDA

View Full Version : Information Packs

maisiemog
04-04-2010, 08:17 PM
A lot of people have mentioned that they provide information packs for parents who come to interview about signing up! Think its a great idea, just wondered what you put into them?

I've done loads of advertising lately so should start getting some enquiries soon and would love to have one in place to show them. Preferably one that doesnt use too much ink or paper so that I can replace it cheaply when parents take it!

How do you present it? As a booklet, or in plastic wallets??? Or just paper stapled together?

funfunfun
04-04-2010, 08:25 PM
I have put a folder together for the to have a look through with all my policies and procedures in

asking lots of questions and then giving them a pack to take home and fill in about the child and info about my fees - although this will have been disussed when meeting them

its nice for them to go away and have a chat with partner etc in private b4 making a decision

Playmate
04-04-2010, 08:26 PM
In ours we put:
Contact info
Details about us and family
Copy of contract policy (incluses fees, holidays etc)
Copy of settling in policy
copy of a weekly routine and explanation about activities
Information about clothing etc
Copy of a weekly menu and times meals are served
A questionaire for parents to complete after visit

We put it all together in a clear plastic folder. We keep all these docs together on computer so that it can be updated and printed off as and when needed.
Hth :D

funfunfun
04-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Thats a wonderfull idea sally

Thankyou for sharing - the things you have listed are the most important id say for them to take away

singlewiththree
05-04-2010, 07:45 AM
If I have time i spiral bind it but lately I just put it in a clear folder. I've been giving out an abbreviated policy list lately but usually I just give out

About your childminder
About me
permissions slip
list of policies
sample menu
fees policy

Toothfairy
05-04-2010, 07:54 AM
My Parent Information pack includes;

* A brief outline on myself, my background, my qualifications, my family, my contact details etc.
* My mission statement
* Hours of work & Fees (includes types of payments excepted, settling in period, sickess policy, termination of contract)
* House rules
* A typical day at my setting
* Activities & daily diaries
* Copy of my long term planning for that year
* Information for parents about EYFS
* A list of all my policies & prcedures (they are given in full to the parents when signing contracts)
* Healthy Packed Lunch ideas (I don't provide meals)
* Who supplies what sheet (nappies, sun block etc)
* Useful telephone numbers (Ofsted, NCMA, CFIC)
* Equal Opportunity policy
* Safeguarding Children Policy
* Complaints policy & procedure

I hope that helps