PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!! Aarrgghhh!!!

NaggyNat
03-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Hello everyone!

I have an ickle prob and wondered if you could help me.

Started as a minder on the 29th and a neighbour is due to start using me on the 13th april for only a few hours a week, 6 hours! BUT I have had two enquiries today and cant accommodate one but another has come along which is too good to turn down....its for 4 days a week! No money exchanged etc but contract signed....settling in for 4 weeks though!!!!

Can I get out of minding neighbours daughter? OMG I feel like im in such an awkward position! xxx

beccas
03-04-2010, 08:14 PM
can you only have 1 child~??? can your neighbour not use you on the other day or is it a fixed day she needs

NaggyNat
03-04-2010, 08:16 PM
I have 5 children on my books and i will be over numbers on the only say she can use me :( I started Monday but have been really lucky....

Zoomie
03-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Have you done a contact with your neighbour ?

Either way, do a termination letter stating due to circumstances ..., and if you did do contract make sure YOU adhere to all the t&c 100%

You may want to ask Ofsted for a variation, but if you have only been going a few days ?, I personally wouldn't.

miffy
03-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Whoops - think you need to speak to your neighbour as soon as you can.

Good luck, I hope it goes OK

Miffy xx

NaggyNat
03-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Its so frustrating, its £120 per week difference which is a lot of money to me! I am waiting to hear from the other mum to get more info and then will put it al in writing to my neighbour and then go and have a chat with her. Its for 6 hours a week - when she first came to me, she said it would be for two days a week but since then it changed!!!! I had the 4 weeks settling in and either party can end contract during that time with no notice so I know contractually I will be fine. Im not a very assertive person and I feel so sick over it all....

Should know tomorrow and make my decision! A 4-day mindee would be better for me!!

Thanks everyone....what a first week!!!!! From thinking I wouldnt get any work to having too much lol! xx

miffy
03-04-2010, 09:07 PM
It is difficult - you have to do what's best for you and there's no contest - 4 days against 6 hours.

Just tricky because it involves a neighbour!

Miffy xx

cuddlybunny38
04-04-2010, 08:15 AM
Nat, what does your neighbour need? will I be able to help her? if you think I can pass on my details, x

Twinklestars
04-04-2010, 09:13 AM
a variation might get approved, I have only been registered since jan and asked for a variation to have my first mindee (a baby when i have my own 14 week old) and it was approved, there's no harm in asking, mine did take 4 weeks to go through though and you will probably have to have a visit before they'll approve it.

francinejayne
04-04-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm in a similar situation. My friend asked me last year to have her DD 3 days a week. She pestered me so much whilst I was going through the registration process, she couldn't wait for me to be registered. When I finally registered she would only sign for 1.5 days a week. I said fine (I didn't have anyone else in the pipeline) but if I were inundated with work I couldn't possibly turn down more days for 1.5 days a week.
Since then I've now signed contracts for a 4 day a week baby starting June, and a 3 day a week baby starting in August. So from the beginning of August I won't be able to look after my friend's DD.
I haven't yet told my friend and I'm dreading it.
Good luck telling your neighbour!

NaggyNat
04-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Nat, what does your neighbour need? will I be able to help her? if you think I can pass on my details, x

Hi ya! I will def pass your details on hun.... I will see what happens with this other one as I havent heard anything. I will let you know what happens though xx

NaggyNat
04-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Thanks everyone! Will def ask for a variation....will ring them on Tuesday :) Thanks!!!

Francine, thanks....I havent heard anything re the 4 day a weeker yet so it may not even happen...watch this space! Good luck with telling your friend!!! You will be fine xx

The Juggler
05-04-2010, 07:34 AM
hope it works out but if you decide to go with the 4-day/week child then watch the 4 week settling in - be careful you're not being used for 4 weeks free care hon. How are you working the 4 weeks. I'd take a months deposit upfront for the full fees (as they will be when baby starts proper). Then I'd offer no more than 4 hours free of charge, the rest is chargeable as normal but without notice for the settling in period.

If she then doesn't start you keep the deposit.