PDA

View Full Version : can any one help numbers??????

kimberley123
03-04-2010, 02:21 PM
:panic:
hi all im a new childminder and just wondering if any one can help
i got my cerrtificate through other week or so and its says this on it
may care for no more than 4 childern under years
not more than 1 may be in the ealry years age group and of these not more then one may be under one
so im comfussed i have a 3 year old so she be in ( ealry years ?) which not in my cefiatfte?
so am i right i can have 2 more under that age ? only one can be 1? this right? as she said i can have 6
help please

FussyElmo
03-04-2010, 02:24 PM
:panic:
hi all im a new childminder and just wondering if any one can help
i got my cerrtificate through other week or so and its says this on it
may care for no more than 4 childern under years
not more than 1 may be in the ealry years age group and of these not more then one may be under one
so im comfussed i have a 3 year old so she be in ( ealry years ?) which not in my cefiatfte?
so am i right i can have 2 more under that age ? only one can be 1? this right? as she said i can have 6
help please

Do you have children of your own?

Im assuming you can have four children under the age of 8 and 1 of these will be under five. The others three will be in the 5-8 range. You usually can only have 1 under 1 but this is included in the under 5's not extra to it :)

beccas
03-04-2010, 02:26 PM
if you have a child at 3 and none over 5 under 8 then you should have 2 under five of which 1 can be a baby and 3 over 5.

but if your certifcate is confusing you i would call ofsted just to clarify

kimberley123
03-04-2010, 02:28 PM
i have a 8 year old a 5 year old in full time age years and a 3 year old
i been thinking i could have 2 more plus mine?
under the year years am i wrong then>?
i hopefully got some one starting that means i be over numbers so i gonna have to ring ofsted aint i?!!!!!
there shut today arghhh

kimberley123
03-04-2010, 02:30 PM
hi well what i put that what its says but at pre reg sge said my 5 year old be classed as a over 5 and my 3 year old will be under 5.
so me thinking ( daughter one on cef ) so thats one
then i thinking i can have other plus other but under one?

FussyElmo
03-04-2010, 02:36 PM
With the ages of your children you should be able to have 2 under the age of 5. None of them have be under 1 they could be both 2. The under 1 comment is because we are not usually allowed to have more than 1 under 1. Variations do happen for twins etc.

Does your certificate say anything about rising 5's :)

kimberley123
03-04-2010, 02:43 PM
4 childern under years
so im comfussed i have a 3 year old so she be in ( ealry years ?) which not in
help please
thats is what my cef says ( when i ran the man said that my kids not show on it ?
so i was thinking i canhave 2 plus mine?

FussyElmo
03-04-2010, 02:50 PM
It seems to be that they have classed both your 3 and 5 year old as in the early years that is why your certificate is saying 1 in the early years.

Ring them back and tell them (you may have to put it in writing :rolleyes: ) and they should amend you certificate to 2 in the early years.

The numbers on the cerficate are what you can have plus your own children :)

kimberley123
03-04-2010, 02:56 PM
yeah hubby says that i ring on tue when they open again other wise im over numbers ekk! on a thus but little mans full day all day hes 6 this sep so i egt them to change it
cause i rember her saying at pre preg i can have 2 more plus little one of my own and then she said it may say that on my cef but little boy wont as hes full time
but it also says this
when careing for 4-5 year olds childern who are in full time education may increse the number years age group by the number of childern in full time proving the maxium number is not exceed e years bit
god im going mad

kimberley123
03-04-2010, 03:03 PM
georgies was 5 in sep hes 6 this sep

Kes
03-04-2010, 03:16 PM
They put the bit about 4 and 5 year olds in to cover your 5 year old it means you can have 2 under 5 years plus your own child so you won't go over numbers.

beccas
03-04-2010, 03:21 PM
i would email them today then they have it in writing and then call them tuesday to also confirm it that way if they ask for it in writting they already have it and sometime email is a better way of doing things where ofsted are concrened.

kimberley123
03-04-2010, 03:27 PM
hi whats there email please they wont be working today wont they thanbk you

kimberley123
03-04-2010, 03:38 PM
hi kaz my bit on the 4-5 year old says this
may care 4-5 years chldern who are full time education may increse the number in the early years age group by the number of childern of childern in full time edu. providing the maxium number is exceeded e years register
so all i really want to know it what can i have lol
can i have this
my child (3) plus 2 others ? one can only be under one ? but both be over one!
andthis 3 over 5s ( my sons 5 but 6 this sep 29)
dautgers 8
if so im ok on a thus but my daugthers gonna be going to my mums house jsut in case for now

FussyElmo
03-04-2010, 03:52 PM
You daughter will still count whether she is at your mums or not - we are still responsible for them even if they are somewhere else.

Your son will still be classed as in the EYFS until the August after his 5th birthday but seeing as you do have the rising 5's on your certificate you should be ok but think a phone call/e mail is needed to check :)

Minstrel
03-04-2010, 03:57 PM
I'm afraid getting your mum to have your daughter will still mean that offically you are still over your numbers, as our children always count , even when not directly in our care.

It sounds like they have regarded your 5 yr old as an early years child (which he is) without changing it to reflect that fact that he is in fulltime school and can therefore be count as an over 5 for the pupose of ratios. This happened to me when i reg'd but easily changed.

kimberley123
03-04-2010, 04:13 PM
hi yeah wont let mum have her
i jsut so comfussed!

so this right i need call them and get them to change it?
the 5 year old can go to the full time?

kimberley123
03-04-2010, 04:28 PM
in school hoildays will my son be clased as a little? as he wont be at school?