PDA

View Full Version : Hubby, assistant and numbers????

Adiamond
03-04-2010, 07:32 AM
Good morning everyone, I registered my hubbie as my assistant a while back just so I can leave the little ones with him whilst I do the school run, Ofsted asked me if I wanted to increase my numbers but I said no not at the minute :blush: . Now I would like to increase my numbers as hubbie is here more than he used to be. So my questions to you fantastic people are...........
How many more children will Ofsted allow me to have? I am currently allowed to have 5 children, (my son will be 8 in June) so will be allowed my fulll allowance then.
What do I have to do to arrange this?

Hope I have made sense :blush:
Thank you x x x

funfunfun
03-04-2010, 07:46 AM
Not sure myself but beccas works with an assistant she will know :)

Nat78
03-04-2010, 09:28 AM
I have one assistant working with me (am registered for two though) Ofsted base it on the space you have available but potentially you could have three EY and three LY each minus your own children

Mouse
03-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Only Ofsted can tell you that. Give them a ring after the next week & see what they say.

tashaleee
03-04-2010, 10:18 AM
I have my hubby registered as my assistant and we are allowed a max of 12 - 6 in EY and 6 5-8 (then over 8s up to our insurance maximum). They do need to know your room sizes to ensure you are allowed the maximum though but just give them a call tuesday :thumbsup:

beccas
03-04-2010, 03:59 PM
depending on space you can have 6 children each...but it goes on space so give ofsted a call and request the number change see whatthey say you can have.

Monkey1
03-04-2010, 03:59 PM
I have my hubby registered as my assistant and we are allowed a max of 12 - 6 in EY and 6 5-8 (then over 8s up to our insurance maximum). They do need to know your room sizes to ensure you are allowed the maximum though but just give them a call tuesday :thumbsup:

My numbers have just been increased to 12 under 8 with no more than 6 under 5

little_gems
03-05-2010, 12:50 PM
I had my numbers increased to 10 under 8 when working with an assistant. i have 2 children myself. I just rang ofsted with the messerments of my room and that was it. they asked how many i wanted to increase it too so i just said the max.

funfunfun
03-05-2010, 12:53 PM
I registered my partner as as assistant

although my numbers havnt gone up i spoke with ofstead and they said i would have to apply for a variation that you dont get a increase in no's strate away if you have an assistant

????? that right did you all have to apply

little_gems
04-05-2010, 03:27 PM
yeah i had to ring up and ask, i also sent them a letter (which they lost twice). But it was no problem. I have thought that when they came out to inspect me that they might change thier mind but they didnt

Laura176
04-05-2010, 04:52 PM
To register a partner or husband or anybody as an assistant, do they just need to be CRB checked or do they need to have completed the Fisrt Aid course?