PDA

View Full Version : NCMA or MM

Mookins
02-04-2010, 08:06 AM
have been reading up on both and although its a way off yet not sure which to go for

any advice please x x x

Tink
02-04-2010, 08:15 AM
I'm with MM it's a family run company and they have been very supportive and I will be renewing my insurance with them again.

I'd recommend them

Mookins
02-04-2010, 08:30 AM
i was swinging towards MM mainly cos of the price and the leaflet was more structured where as NCMA was all over the place...IYSWIM

thanks for your feedback

x x

Tinglesnark
02-04-2010, 08:32 AM
im with the NCMA simply because i was offered a start up grant and included in the grant was a years NCMA membership. i will stay with them too as they have been invaluable and all the free courses i have attended have been courtesy of them :) :thumbsup:

Mookins
02-04-2010, 08:34 AM
oooh that was good then....free courses sound great....is that info only available when you sign up?

x x x

Tinglesnark
02-04-2010, 08:39 AM
well i wouldnt take my word as gospel because these things seem to have small windows and are changed frequently depending on area. the best idea would be to call up both companies and ask them what they offer :thumbsup:

christine e
02-04-2010, 10:09 AM
well i wouldnt take my word as gospel because these things seem to have small windows and are changed frequently depending on area. the best idea would be to call up both companies and ask them what they offer :thumbsup:

MM is a company and therefore profit making, NCMA is a charity and thereford non profit making. NCMA works for the good of all childminders lobbying on our behalf at both local and national levels for such things as Ofsted fees (they got the annual registration fee down to £30).

Cx

Tinglesnark
02-04-2010, 10:51 AM
MM is a company and therefore profit making, NCMA is a charity and thereford non profit making. NCMA works for the good of all childminders lobbying on our behalf at both local and national levels for such things as Ofsted fees (they got the annual registration fee down to £30).

Cx

ahhh thanks christine!
:thumbsup:
NCMA all the way then!
:thumbsup:

jelly15
02-04-2010, 11:12 AM
im with the NCMA simply because i was offered a start up grant and included in the grant was a years NCMA membership. i will stay with them too as they have been invaluable and all the free courses i have attended have been courtesy of them :) :thumbsup:

Me too :thumbsup:

Tinglesnark
02-04-2010, 11:15 AM
:thumbsup: how cool are we? lol

squiggle
02-04-2010, 12:00 PM
I'm with MM now and will renew again this June. I used NCMA and they were fine until i used them for legal advice when i had a non paying parent - the service was shocking!! I just felt that for what i paid it wasn't worth it

FussyElmo
02-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Im still with the NCMA.

Think for your first year they are probably best - someone will probably argue against this :)

Tinglesnark
02-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Im still with the NCMA.

Think for your first year they are probably best - someone will probably argue against this :)

i agree elmo :thumbsup:

Fabby
02-04-2010, 02:51 PM
How much is MM?

Mookins
02-04-2010, 03:22 PM
£126 x x x

Bella
02-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Don't forget if you are with NCMA you can access the NCMAsaver site and get up to 7% off holidays, shopping, hotels etc etc. I save 7% each year on my virgin holiday - over £200 -which more than covers my membership

Mookins
02-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Don't forget if you are with NCMA you can access the NCMAsaver site and get up to 7% off holidays, shopping, hotels etc etc. I save 7% each year on my virgin holiday - over £200 -which more than covers my membership

ooooh me likey this:clapping:

may have just won my vote x

leo3
10-05-2010, 07:08 PM
im with mm and have been for the last 2 years, due to rennew next month for year 3:laughing:

monkey62
11-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Im with NCMA but I kind of planning to switch to MM, I have never had an issue with a NCMA but I read lots of posts with people who had some issues , specilly with legal matters( non paying parents, 4 weeks notice for non paying parents, late payment charges etc)
I think the best is to go with what is better for you and if doesn't work you can switch in folowing year

pinkbutterfly
14-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Oh dear I didn't realise the insurance will be over £120. I guess it's not that bad if you divide it by 12 months.
To those of you who changed insurers ... do you get a free start up pack when you join a new insurer or you pay for it? How about if you renew and managed to use up the stationery/forms ... do they send some more once you renewed? I saw a pricelist for extra stationery lets say it was not cheap ...

Mookins
14-05-2010, 08:24 PM
ive actually decided im going with MM

http://www.*****************/ChildMinder/

£41 if im reading it right,

x x x

clio0602
15-05-2010, 08:00 AM
£126 includes the starter pack with all the paperwork included I got this although it does contain alot of forms I won't use LA paid for this :)

pinkbutterfly
17-05-2010, 08:42 AM
I wanted to know if you get more forms once you renew the existing policy or swap elswhere ... I can't find any info on that ...

clio0602
17-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Think you buy paperwork seperate off website unless you buy another starter pack but I found quite alot of it I wont use HTH

pinkbutterfly
17-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Thanks clio ... that's what I thought.

Helga
18-05-2010, 07:51 AM
I'm still with NCMA but friends have spoken highly of MM. I think my loyalty will still lay (at next renewal) with the NCMA for all the good work they do on our behalf.

sarah707
09-06-2010, 06:45 PM
There are 3 things to think about here...

Morton Michel are an insurance company - you make a payment to them and for that you get a quality insurance package. You also get a magazine online, discounts and other benefits.

Ncma are a registered charity - they work on behalf of childminders. For your annual payment you get a magazine and other benefits. You are also supporting the charity.

Ncma also offer insurance through an insurance company called Blu Fin. You do not need to buy your insurance through Blu Fin. You can buy it through Morton Michel if you feel their package is better and still be a member of the NCMA.

I hope this helps :D

Mookins
09-06-2010, 07:06 PM
the tutors at my icp course have only told us about NCMA wonder why?

feel a bit torn again now NCMA....working on behalf of childminders...thats dedication!

x x x

samb
07-07-2010, 07:07 PM
I have a question about the differences too... my question is more about the use of contracts. I have been writing my policies and procedures and whilst doing this have been thinking about what I want it to say in the contract. Can I write my own contracts or do I have to stick with a pre-written one from the insurance companies?

Minstrel
09-07-2010, 05:33 PM
If you are with NCMA then you have to use their contracts in order to be covered by their legal protection but MM will let you use theirs, your own or anothers contracts providing they incluse all the relevent information.

karensmart4
09-07-2010, 05:54 PM
You pay for everything :( you only get your free insurance if its an insentive to initially join, then its pay out for everything time :( Karen

karensmart4
09-07-2010, 05:59 PM
I write all my own paperwork except the contacts, I use MM for these and my personal liability insurance. Karen :)

fluffysocks
05-08-2010, 03:38 PM
as far as i can see we can have a win win situation, if you feel that mm insurance is better for you then go with that one, you can still support the NCMA by being a member without buying the extra insurance they provide. the insurance you can have with NCMA is with Royal and Sunalliance (well thats whats on my certificate anyways!)

when you register with NCMA you can opt in or out of insurance, same at renewal. I have been with NCMA but am considering having MM insurance but still having NCMA membership and stationary-contract etc.