PDA

View Full Version : Tesco vouchers

It's a small world
01-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Can I just ask do you get lots of vouchers or how do you get so many as looking at site you need lots of vouchers to get items. I've registered and pack in post. Collected a few vouchers but worried I might not collect enough to buy something :panic:

avril
01-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Ask your family, parents of mindees, neighbours, I know my Mum even asked the lady in front of her at the till who didn't want them!!:thumbsup:

First year I've done tesco but did Sainsburys last year and collected just on 1,000.

funemnx
01-04-2010, 04:27 PM
The things I learn on this site, I didn't know we could use them! I've been giving them all away to the school. I will definately be saving them from now on! Thanks for the info :clapping:

Chell
01-04-2010, 07:36 PM
I think you can bank them till next year.

It's a small world
01-04-2010, 07:44 PM
I think you can bank them till next year.

That will be handy . Going to do a sign as well as telling parents as a reminder everytime they come to my house lol

Chell
01-04-2010, 07:51 PM
That will be handy . Going to do a sign as well as telling parents as a reminder everytime they come to my house lol

I have a few vouchers as I meet my Mum for coffee in Kettering once a week but I don't do a proper shop there. I know the Tesco Express is nearby but I am rarely in there since Asda is so close to school. I think mine will be banked or given to DS/DDs school.

RainbowMum
01-04-2010, 08:29 PM
I managed 3000 last year with 5 minding families and my family/friends. THis year I have another family and mum is a teacher - a parent of children she has taught in the past works in a tesco garage she uses & gives her loads! She figures the school already gets more than they need so gives them to me so I'm aiming for 4000 this year! You can get something for just a few hundred so its worth registering!

dusky777
01-04-2010, 08:40 PM
How do you register for the sainsburys and tesco vouchers?
Tried to do the sainsburys one but it doesnt say anything about childminders.

Chell
02-04-2010, 07:28 PM
How do you register for the sainsburys and tesco vouchers?
Tried to do the sainsburys one but it doesnt say anything about childminders.

I was just trying to register, I think you have to phone them to do it.

beccas
02-04-2010, 07:34 PM
:clapping: tesco you can bank them but you can also send some ink cartridges off for 10 vouchers as well i ask all parents to fetch me theirs that way i can check and i send them all off becasue they recycle them all but only certian ones you get vouchers for.

It also says you can send old mobiles off too but cant find that.

When i go in tescos i tell the cashier i collect them myself as a childminder and every little counts so i ask if anyone refused them can i have them, i go to same people if possible everytime so they know my face i tend to get more:clapping:

also one of my mindees granma works on checkout at tescos:thumbsup: so far i have got 2000......

helenlc
02-04-2010, 08:45 PM
I ask people in Sainsburys/Tesco infront of me for the vouchers if they are not collecting them. I also tell the cashier "I am collecting them for myself as I am a childminder". I also either go to the old granny cashiers who look like softies or to the young cashiers who dont care about company policy about not giving too many away!! I went to a Tesco til with a young lad on the other week, spent £20 and asked if he had any extras and he gave me 47!!:eek: :clapping:

I have a friend that works in Tesco (;)) whose BIL works in Sainsburys (;) ), so I do ok from her alone!:D

I also ask mindees parents who have been great at giving me them, plus family and friends give me them too.

I often change my status on FB to let people know I am collecting them too.

I didnt have enough Tesco ones last year to get anything worthwhile, so banked those to carry over to this year.

miffy
02-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Even if you don't collect many vouchers it's worth banking them until next year.

I also ask all my friends to save me theirs and I keep an ear out when I'm shopping - if someone isn't collecting vouchers I ask if I can have them instead.

Miffy xx

Chell
06-04-2010, 09:16 AM
That just took me ages to register, the women couldn't get my post code right as she understood very little English!

It's a small world
10-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Just been into tesco to buy some booze :blush: anyway whilst dh was queuing to do the lottery a lady came up to him and ds and asked if they were collecting vouchers . Said yes and she gave them 22 vouchers :laughing: what a lovely lady :)

tashaleee
10-04-2010, 03:49 PM
I always ask the parents of the kids I mind, my friends with older children, my family etc.... If I dont have enough then I bank them and use them next year :thumbsup:

Desi-101
10-04-2010, 08:07 PM
I never knew we could use them at all! as my daughter (16)never hands them in at school I always say no at the counter and my mums friend gave me loads last year from her friends which never got handed in, thanks for this post:clapping:

HomefromHome
10-04-2010, 08:13 PM
i did tescos last year - joined late but got 545 - got some bean bags and hula hoops :D

hoping to get lower case keyboard and child friendly mouse this year.

as for sainsbury's - they wouldnt let me join!!!!!!!! tried 3 times!!!!! and backed meself up saying i knew childminders who had (ie, on here!) but that flatly refused to let me join... so i now boycott them and so does everyone i told:D

Monkey1
10-04-2010, 08:20 PM
I need to get my bum into gear and register!

Chell
10-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Just been into tesco to buy some booze :blush: anyway whilst dh was queuing to do the lottery a lady came up to him and ds and asked if they were collecting vouchers . Said yes and she gave them 22 vouchers :laughing: what a lovely lady :)

I thought I was doing well getting given 6 in there yesterday! :eek: I spent £6 but wasn't given one. The lady said the screen didn't prompt her but my receipt said I was due one. She gave me 6. :clapping: I've got about 30, don't think I'll be getting much. :laughing:

beccas
10-04-2010, 09:00 PM
i have just counted mine(wellits me and 2 other minders we find if we pool them we get more as you can buy things in multiples and split so would this to those who live near each other) and we have 2067 so fr so thats good.

we do have a tesco in our town and i am freindly with most cashiers and one of my mindees granma works there also..:clapping:

angiemog
10-04-2010, 09:13 PM
I have family and friends collecting for me, and hubby has agreed to take the collecting box into his work. He works for a relatively big company so hopefully I'll get a few more. This is my first year of collecting so if I don't get many then I will just bank and collect next year too. x

It's a small world
10-04-2010, 09:24 PM
I thought I was doing well getting given 6 in there yesterday! :eek: I spent £6 but wasn't given one. The lady said the screen didn't prompt her but my receipt said I was due one. She gave me 6. :clapping: I've got about 30, don't think I'll be getting much. :laughing:

I've got 40 so far. Put a poster on the wall facing my door in the hope of encouraging parents to give me theirs and hopefully ask their friends and family. After all it's their children who'll benefit . Although I think I'll be banking them this year :blush: be lovely to have 3000 been looking at the catalogue I could go mad on all the lovely resources . In my dreams is the only way I think as I think most will shop at asda. Oh well got my family on the case too :laughing:

Chell
28-04-2010, 11:26 AM
I've got 40 so far. Put a poster on the wall facing my door in the hope of encouraging parents to give me theirs and hopefully ask their friends and family. After all it's their children who'll benefit . Although I think I'll be banking them this year :blush: be lovely to have 3000 been looking at the catalogue I could go mad on all the lovely resources . In my dreams is the only way I think as I think most will shop at asda. Oh well got my family on the case too :laughing:

I have enough for a wooden spoon. :rolleyes: I've got just under 100. I only go into Tesco Express about once a week, usually at the weekend for wine. :blush: I always buy milk to make it up to £5 to get a voucher but am never given one till I ask. Then they tend to give me a couple. :thumbsup:

Last week in Kettering Tesco I knew fine well I hadn't spent enough but asked the chap if I was entitled to any. I then had a conversation with my Mum telling her it was less you had to spend in Tesco Express. When the man gave my Mum the receipt he gave her some vouchers. :p

solly
28-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Ive got just over 1100 so far, so will probably get the tuff spot tray and bank the rest or may just bank them all i would love to get the stand as well but wont have enough for both. Most of my parents are collecting for me :)

angiemog
28-04-2010, 11:36 AM
I have about 400 of tescos and the same for sainsburys...... think i'm going to bank the tesco ones this year and spend the sainsburys as there isn't much I want to spend my tesco ones on (i need 2000+ for the stuff I like) and I want to get some thing worth while. I have everyone I know collecting for me.......x

It's a small world
28-04-2010, 11:46 AM
So unfair:blush: I go shopping every other week ad dh buys food etc in the week for essentials from sainsburys (I don't have a huge income) I've asked family n friends but most don't shop at tescos. I've got about 60 guess I'll bank for next year n then buy a tennis ball. :laughing: Hopefully next year will get some more for a hula hoop. Some of u are lucky to know people who work there. Well done everyone.:clapping:

amandavin
28-04-2010, 01:05 PM
When I parked near to the schoold this morning an old lady came out of her house and asked me if I wouldlike her vouchers as she "can see that you work with children"! What a lovely lady. I promised to tell her what I get with them. :)

maisiemog
28-04-2010, 03:19 PM
My DH flirts outrageously with one of the check out girls at the express one round the corner....think I've got close to 500 vouchers out of his shamelessness! Plus they now know I'm minding and give me extra!

My sister works in sainsburys so I've done quite well out of her!

It's a small world
28-04-2010, 04:24 PM
[QUOTE=maisiemog;697399]My DH flirts outrageously with one of the check out girls at the express one round the corner....think I've got close to 500 vouchers out of his shamelessness!

Might get dh to try this :laughing: :laughing: 

Dragonfly
28-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Does anybody know what they are saving the tokens for yet??? I havent a clue what Id like:idea: Got bout 1300 at mo.

bexcee
11-05-2010, 09:48 PM
So what has every one ordered now that the Tesco vouchers have finished? I can't decide whether to bank them for next year but then feel a bit guilty as the mindee's mum has given me quite a few and I think she would like to see her lo benefiting from what I get (she leaves in Oct)

aly
11-05-2010, 09:58 PM
just counted and I have 1751..:clapping:
did bank about 500 last year but forgot to send them and they are still on my shelf...:blush:

wonder if i send them and pretend it was ok'f by someone lol.

Chell
25-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Just counted mine, I ended up with 173, whopee do! :laughing:

PixiePetal
25-05-2010, 02:44 PM
So what has every one ordered now that the Tesco vouchers have finished? I can't decide whether to bank them for next year but then feel a bit guilty as the mindee's mum has given me quite a few and I think she would like to see her lo benefiting from what I get (she leaves in Oct)

The goods don't arrive till late Aug/Sept if you are lucky - I thought they had forgotten me last year!! :laughing:

Carol M
25-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Only got 447 this year.
Must try harder!
Banked but must remember to post them.
Carol:(

wendy222
25-05-2010, 04:47 PM
wot are the vouchers for and i shop at tesco sometimes so if anybody could tell me thanks

solly
25-05-2010, 05:03 PM
I am not sure what i am getting but am thinking of getting the small world tray and height ajustable stand for it to go on as i have got just over 2700:) :clapping: and have got a few more to come from a mindees mum.

I have also got 732 sainsburys vouchers but will probably bank those:)

It's a small world
25-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Got about 113 going to bank them

ruby
26-05-2010, 11:28 AM
we have just over 2,000 this year :clapping: can't decide what to get. Will ask the children to have a look

cathy

Chell
26-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Got about 113 going to bank them

I've just sent mine off. I'm getting those scarves like they had on the Action Kids course and some little plastic balls. After the Action Kids course I decided I need some different size, shape and texture balls. :laughing: I didn't have enough vouchers for the best ones though. 3 vouchers will be baked for next year. :p