PDA

View Full Version : Some advice please

kevsteph30
01-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Can't believe my luck, I've been registered since 4th Jan & up until 4 weeks ago didn't have any children to mind. 2 people contacted me on the same day & I now have two little girls 3 times a week. Both girls started out fine but one is causing me concern already & is zapping all my energy. I also have 2 children of my own 4 & 19 months. She is starting to tell Alot of fibs about other children hurting her or being nasty to her. A couple of inccidents were, my daughter is using craft scissors at the table & when concentrating she pokes out her tongue, the little girl says, "shes being nasty to me", she then begins to fake cry. Another inccident, we are walking to school & the little girl is walking holding onto my pushchair, my daughter is walking behind when she sees the lolly pop lady ahead so she starts to run past us on the way brushing past the little girl hardly making contact, the little girl again starts fake crying saying "she hurt me". May seem trivial but im not joking when I say every 5 minutes she saying someone is nasty to her. Don't get me wrong my kids are no angels & can provoke actions but this seems abit unusual to me. maybe because im new at this im just not used to how other children act but when i've been to the school she goes to they've told me that she has had behaviour issues there too, obviously they can't be too specific to me as im not a parent. I guess what i'd like to know is should I mention this to the parent. I've only been minding her for 2 weeks & don't want the parent thinking im a jobsworth. I have to do something as my little girl is saying she doesn't want her round & in the first instance my children come first.:panic:

mama2three
01-04-2010, 03:11 PM
has the parent given you and the school permission to communicate? if not , get it - say it is so you can enhance her learning at school if you like!
then there is no reason for the school not to go into detail regading her behaviour , and they, or you need to get together with parents to agree a plan of action.
Shes not been with you long really and if she sees that this will not get her the attention she wants and that she is not getting the other children into trouble she may well stop by herself.
good luck x x

sarah707
01-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Some children are dreadful at telling tales and it can be really hard to handle.

I tend to have a 'no telling tales' threshold. I am not interested in them and I do not want to hear them.

We are here to play and have fun and tales are too much like hard work.

Yes you should mention it to the parents because you might want to give notice within your 4 week settling in period.

If you do this you must have written evidence of what has been going on plus evidence of you and the parents trying to work together to resolve the issues.

Hth :D