PDA

View Full Version : Ok...you need to encourage me to do this

WibbleWobble
01-04-2010, 01:54 PM
I am NOT going to purchase anything to do with childminding this month (april).

I will not look at lovely websites with my debit card in my sweaty hand.

I will not spend all my earnings and have nothing left over

I will be in the black at the end of the month (and not £600 over drawn so i have to be subbed by hubby)

i honestly do swear on this computer keyboard i will abide by the rules... and if i find myself wavering i will confess on here and take the punishments given.

mandy x

samkeddy
01-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Good luck!
Sounds like quite a task! I love spending money on kiddie things!!!!:)

Leanne59
01-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Good luck!!

WibbleWobble
01-04-2010, 01:59 PM
i feel i am on a hiding to nothing...:(

sandy64
01-04-2010, 01:59 PM
ok you guna be honest though???:laughing: you really think you can i couldnt.
good luck in trying:laughing:

WibbleWobble
01-04-2010, 02:01 PM
i wont be including things like antibac wipes and gloves...

it will be toys and other bits and pieces...

OH and i spent a whole year a couple of years ago not buying anything except food, washing stuff and diesel. no holidays no DIY no nights out...we had a bottle of wine once a week. we kept money diaries and took packed lunches to work. we freecycled. We saved alot of cash!
it was hard but i can be very very good

Tinglesnark
01-04-2010, 02:06 PM
lol
:laughing: if you at least try to get through 2 weeks then youll be ok x lol

babs
01-04-2010, 02:29 PM
good luck .. i couldnt do i cant even go food shopping without slipping summit in trolley this week it was dot to dot books...:laughing: :laughing:

patevans
01-04-2010, 02:39 PM
i wont be including things like antibac wipes and gloves...

it will be toys and other bits and pieces...

OH and i spent a whole year a couple of years ago not buying anything except food, washing stuff and diesel. no holidays no DIY no nights out...we had a bottle of wine once a week. we kept money diaries and took packed lunches to work. we freecycled. We saved alot of cash!
it was hard but i can be very very good

I need to join you on this one I spend and awful lot of money that I dont need to spend, I should be saving whilst I have the little extra :idea:

mamasheshe
01-04-2010, 02:41 PM
but pay pal isn't real money is it ??

angiemog
01-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Ooooh Good Luck. x

loocyloo
01-04-2010, 04:32 PM

definately not!

good luck with the challenge! :thumbsup:

sadly i have fallen at the first post as i bought a ball pool today!

FussyElmo
02-04-2010, 11:39 AM
I am NOT going to purchase anything to do with childminding this month (april).

I will not look at lovely websites with my debit card in my sweaty hand.

I will not spend all my earnings and have nothing left over

I will be in the black at the end of the month (and not £600 over drawn so i have to be subbed by hubby)

i honestly do swear on this computer keyboard i will abide by the rules... and if i find myself wavering i will confess on here and take the punishments given.

mandy x

I'm going to join you - dh is complaining about the stuff I'm buying have taken to having parcels delivered to my friends house so he doesn't see them :blush:

A support group is needed :)

Tinglesnark
02-04-2010, 12:07 PM
i am not so sure that i shouldnt join in this pact also lol
im turning in to a resource hunting freak!

FizzysFriends
02-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Now this I can do! Im so tight and don't spend unless its really needed and then it needs to be reduced :blush:

Mookins
02-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Mookins wonders if any of you have bought anything since you wrote that you wouldnt:update: please

patevans
02-04-2010, 05:36 PM
I went shopping today and this thread was stuck in my head every time I looked at something work related and I actually spent nothing today so thanks :laughing:

WibbleWobble
03-04-2010, 10:20 AM
ok confession time before i purchase.:blush:

bless me forum cos i am about to sin.....

i need some playsand. The sand pit is being dragged out for next week. So i NEED the sand....dont i?

Its not a frivolous purchase!

there you are

confession over.

off to get some sand.

cabby
03-04-2010, 10:37 AM

i hope not:eek: :eek: :eek: im in trouble if it is:laughing: :laughing:

mushpea
03-04-2010, 12:25 PM
good luck , I have bought so far this month for childminding, a ds, some bionicles, lego and a bike tralier thingy so we can go for bike rides without the 3yrold getting tierd and moaning!
last years profits are rapidly dwindling!!!

FussyElmo
03-04-2010, 12:35 PM
ok confession time before i purchase.:blush:

bless me forum cos i am about to sin.....

i need some playsand. The sand pit is being dragged out for next week. So i NEED the sand....dont i?

Its not a frivolous purchase!

there you are

confession over.

off to get some sand.

Sand is an essentail purchase especially with it being easter holidays :thumbsup:

Carpet Monkeys
03-04-2010, 03:53 PM
I'm not buying anything this month, or at least until I actually get some children to mind! The rate things are going I'm looking for another term time only job!

AnnieM
03-04-2010, 06:33 PM
I should so have joined in this thread BEFORE I went shopping at ELC online!!! :(

patevans
07-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Confession time :blush:

Ive been in ELC today to buy some toys for the garden :eek:

Sorry Ladies and Gents :blush:

Rubybubbles
07-04-2010, 01:40 PM
heehee

I really need arts and craft things:D I told hubby, I don't need anything then won £16 of toys on ebay:o All ICT, and driving me crackers already haha

Ohhh Sand:( ho-ly mo-ly, and I need to do some fresh rainbow rice:rolleyes:

Pants

WibbleWobble
07-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Confession time :blush:

Ive been in ELC today to buy some toys for the garden :eek:

Sorry Ladies and Gents :blush:

oh dear....naughty step for you!

patevans
07-04-2010, 01:46 PM
oh dear....naughty step for you!

but but but.....................

they were all reduced to half the original price and...............3 for 2!!

WibbleWobble
07-04-2010, 01:59 PM
but but but.....................

they were all reduced to half the original price and...............3 for 2!!

i am sorry but i need to be consistant...you will only get confused about your boundaries!

AnnieM
07-04-2010, 02:44 PM
He he he, so glad it's not just me!! I just won a little tikes oven/ironing centre for £15, really needed a new kitchen, so just hope it's in good cond. :thumbsup:

Blue Boy
07-04-2010, 03:13 PM
If you manage ityou will have to let us know the secret:thumbsup:

WibbleWobble
07-04-2010, 03:48 PM
He he he, so glad it's not just me!! I just won a little tikes oven/ironing centre for £15, really needed a new kitchen, so just hope it's in good cond. :thumbsup:

cough...

its not really winning....you still have to pay!!!!!:laughing: :laughing:

and you are to sit on the naughty step too!;)

babs
07-04-2010, 03:59 PM
i went to mothercare and toy r us yesterday came home with waterplay table( nvq assessor wants me to do water play next time) have one but its in back of shed plus its a sand /water one now i can have both:D :D just hidden from hubby at moment away from patio doors at night just hope he dont need to go in the garden for anything for a few weeks :laughing: :laughing: also got some playdough and cutters.......... and i recycled cardboard already:D

but now im not going to buy anything for a month i promise..... as from today so i can spend spend spend on 8th may....

WibbleWobble
07-04-2010, 04:24 PM
i went to mothercare and toy r us yesterday came home with waterplay table( nvq assessor wants me to do water play next time) have one but its in back of shed plus its a sand /water one now i can have both:D :D just hidden from hubby at moment away from patio doors at night just hope he dont need to go in the garden for anything for a few weeks :laughing: :laughing: also got some playdough and cutters.......... and i recycled cardboard already:D

but now im not going to buy anything for a month i promise..... as from today so i can spend spend spend on 8th may....

the naughty step is getting busy...i think it will have make a rota!

ajs
07-04-2010, 04:46 PM
mandy i defy you to come to manchester and not buy anything at all

although i am not buying anything at all

so if you see me with any bags slap me please

sandy64
07-04-2010, 06:07 PM

you may be very sore if you do buy anythink lol weve all read this and may hold you to it lol :laughing: :laughing:

WibbleWobble
10-04-2010, 10:45 AM

crikey i forgot about manchester!!!!!!!:panic: :panic:

i may have to re start this next month...

but i have already failed as i bought some skittles from Wilkos yesterday (actually it was OH who saw them and commented that both my boy LOs love knocking things down....would these be good? - i think this man should be a childminder!) i was looking for some and now i have them...i think they were a fiver...:blush:

manjay
10-04-2010, 10:51 AM
I haven't bought anything yet this month:clapping: . Although I think that maybe more to do with spending the last week in a forest in the middle of nowhere rather than my ability to resist;)

miffy
10-04-2010, 04:18 PM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Nooooooooooooooooo, you'll never manage that - I saw what you came home with last year! :D

Miffy xx

ajs
10-04-2010, 06:18 PM
yes but i was coming home to mrs o inspecting me the next day
I NEED NOTHING
THE PLAYROOM IS FIT TO BURSTING AND THE CHILDREN DON'T PLAY WITH HALF OF THE TOYS I HAVE ALREADY

please discourage me from shopping.
i am going to New York in June and need the money for shopping there

Monkey1
10-04-2010, 06:32 PM

Prepare to be slapped!..........they give you a million bags.....are you sure your going to turn down freebies too?

Monkey1
10-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Forgive me forum members for i have sinned:blush: :blush: :blush:

Just bought a new graco double pushchair form ebay £100:blush: :blush: .....but its lush.......can't wait till the kids go back to school to use it!:blush:

Monkey1
10-04-2010, 06:35 PM
..............actually i just can't wait for them to go back to school!

WibbleWobble
11-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Forgive me forum members for i have sinned:blush: :blush: :blush:

Just bought a new graco double pushchair form ebay £100:blush: :blush: .....but its lush.......can't wait till the kids go back to school to use it!:blush:

say three hail makka pakkas ...and dont do it again!

(i bet its nice though)

WibbleWobble
11-04-2010, 07:19 PM
bless me forum for i am about to sin...:blush:

i need two inner tubes for my jane powertwin.. and i am about to buy them online...

i think that is a necessity..:blush:

babs
11-04-2010, 07:23 PM
your punishment is 100 starjumps at 7am tomorrow morning:D

bless you....

ajs
11-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Prepare to be slapped!..........they give you a million bags.....are you sure your going to turn down freebies too?

semantics mrs monkey of course i can take freebies ( and i will have my daughters with me to hide any of the illicit purchases i may make)

okay okay i shouldn't have said slap me just in case any of you do but please remind me that the playroom is busting at the seams and the capital grant toys are still in their boxes unopened since before christmas, if you see me going to buy anything

Mookins
11-04-2010, 08:24 PM
say three hail makka pakkas ...and dont do it again!

(i bet its nice though)

:laughing: Thats comical

babs
27-04-2010, 03:12 PM

How is everyone doin. ive got 11 days togo then i can buy buy buy :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: i have had a few things on loan from the toy library though

FizzysFriends
27-04-2010, 03:31 PM
My only minding expense has been enterance to softplay

ajs
27-04-2010, 04:10 PM
iwas really really good i promise
i spent nomore than about £35 and £20 of that was on squishy letters

there wasn't so much to be had free this yr as the first but miffy is good at finding what's there

WibbleWobble
27-04-2010, 04:49 PM
well i am sorry to say i have spent a bit this month...but not as much as last month! (which was nearly £400!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: )

This month APRIL i have spent £126.52:eek:

this is more than i hoped but as OH was in hospital i took my LOs to ELC and they made me better by helping me spend some money. It ALWAYS makes me feel better.:thumbsup:

mandy xxxx

I say 10 peppa pigs and three makka pakkas. Then i will tidy up the toy cupboard as penence (sp?).:laughing:

Mookins
27-04-2010, 05:09 PM
well i am sorry to say i have spent a bit this month...but not as much as last month! (which was nearly £400!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: )

This month APRIL i have spent £126.52:eek:

this is more than i hoped but as OH was in hospital i took my LOs to ELC and they made me better by helping me spend some money. It ALWAYS makes me feel better.:thumbsup:

mandy xxxx

I say 10 peppa pigs and three makka pakkas. Then i will tidy up the toy cupboard as penence (sp?).:laughing:

i love these so funny images of you peeps on ya knees repeating "hail macca pacca, forgive roary for I have sinned" lol

WibbleWobble
27-04-2010, 05:12 PM
i am doing that just now!......................:laughing:

patevans
27-04-2010, 05:16 PM
I spent £15 in ELC at the begining of the month and thats it I think :D

WibbleWobble
27-04-2010, 05:17 PM
I spent £15 in ELC at the begining of the month and thats it I think :D

dont rub it in!

i have just found another receipt...for £23.00....

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

mandy x

patevans
27-04-2010, 05:26 PM
oh actually I did buy something today, it was an easter hunt set reduced from £2.99 to 25p :laughing:

WibbleWobble
27-04-2010, 05:27 PM
you are forgiven for your sins..

mandy xx:laughing:

babs
27-04-2010, 07:04 PM
dont rub it in!

i have just found another receipt...for £23.00....

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

mandy x

oh it will be more peppa pigs and makka pakkas for you:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mamasheshe
27-04-2010, 07:12 PM
does it matter if you really really really needed it and actually i was saving money because i got it second hand if i had got it new it would of cost loads

okay i brought another double buggy :blush: :blush: :blush:

WibbleWobble
27-04-2010, 07:15 PM
does it matter if you really really really needed it and actually i was saving money because i got it second hand if i had got it new it would of cost loads

the word "another" troubles me. I was ok with the beginning of your post...i do like a bargain

but

"another"??

how many kids have you got?:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mandy xxxx

Mookins
27-04-2010, 07:20 PM

uh oh.... i gets the feeling this second was wasnt an absolute must have:rolleyes: :laughing:

Gizmo
27-04-2010, 08:53 PM
:laughing: :laughing: have just read all this and I have been an :littleangel: this month for the first month in a year I havnt bought a thing (even tho mindees were off for 2 weeks) and I am going to try so hard not to get anything in May either mmmm need a swing and slide for garden will I manage not to buy them :laughing: