PDA

View Full Version : what are the main resources that we really ought to have?

Tinglesnark
01-04-2010, 01:45 PM
i am trying to make sure that i have all of the basics covered.

i have

cars
happyland etc figures
animals/dinosaurs etc
mega blocks
stickle bricks
lego
numerous baby toys
books
a few puzzles
craft stuff
a few musical instruments
garden toys
a few board games

what else could i do with? i know i need to expand on my puzzles and musical instruments and i deffo need some multi cultural stuff although i dont really know what to get?? what about inclusion??

does anyone have any "cant live without" items? any "must haves" ??

thanks in advance

:thumbsup:

WibbleWobble
01-04-2010, 01:46 PM
bottle of wine in the fridge..ready for when they all go..

and chocolate...

Tinglesnark
01-04-2010, 01:47 PM
HAHAHAHAH

:laughing:

sandy64
01-04-2010, 01:48 PM
most used items in my house at mo are dolls,prams, playfood, scissors,lots of paper,

WibbleWobble
01-04-2010, 01:48 PM
and brufen for backache!

youarewhatyoueat
01-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Some natural materials, ie small logs,rocks, twigs,leaves type of things to tip into a builders tray.
I hate plastic and i've got so much from when my children were younger, I now crave plain wood and natural materials.

And definately the wine, I like that idea!!!!

Tink
01-04-2010, 01:56 PM
My girls and boys both love to play with;
car and train track and car garage.
kitchen and play food
Doll and pram (boys more than girls)
Ball pool
Books
Musical instruments
Heuristic basket

I add toys to the existing ones to make it bigger and more fun.

I'm looking for a large piece of wood to use for the train track, so they can set a scene, I've collected people, trees, bridges etc.
Just need the wood then we can paint a scene on it.

samkeddy
01-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Id definatly include some dolly bits, and like some others have mentioned the play kitchen is a favourite (but i do have 3 girls) Dont forget your creative stuff (paints, pens, cutting and sticking things)
till, shopping trolley etc also a favourite

babs
01-04-2010, 02:38 PM
dolls,prams,kitchen and food are most played with here... oh and dressing table (older one) as for multi cultural stuff mothercare do a set of little people see piccy

Carol M
01-04-2010, 02:50 PM
I find the Active World trays very useful.
Brill for play with things like gloop, foam,snow, pasta, sand,mud and just about anything really. We use them for displays and collections,planting(grass and seedlings) paint, bubbles the list goes on.
Cat Litter trays are a good alternative!
Carol:)

angiemog
01-04-2010, 02:59 PM
My favs are baby wipes, tissues and anti bacterial spray! Can't live without any of them. Hee Hee x

Ok thought I should add..... dressing up clothes and play kitchen. x

AliceK
01-04-2010, 03:47 PM
My favs are baby wipes, tissues and anti bacterial spray! Can't live without any of them. Hee Hee x

Ok thought I should add..... dressing up clothes and play kitchen. x

God yes. How many packs of wetwipes and antibac spray do I get thro in a week :laughing:

Most used here are pushchairs (both boys and girls play with them) and any ride-ons. My mindees range in age from 20mths to 4yrs. Painting also goes down well too so plenty of paint, paper and protective aprons.

xxxxx

Tatjana
01-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Tea set/kitchen stuff is one of the most used things in my home by my own children and mindees:thumbsup:

xx

singingcactus
01-04-2010, 06:31 PM
I know it is the current 'thing' for child carers to say they want an all natural and none battery environment for the children, but in order to provide access to ICT within the setting and at child level (and yes I know ICT is all around us if we look but I am talking about stuff a child can independently access at will) it is useful to have some toy computers, and play cameras and phones too. As well as toys with buttons that make light and sound.

cas2805
01-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Plenty of paper and card. Got mine from staples when on special.

BTW Just started the chocolate and wine is in the fridge!