PDA

View Full Version : capital grant - what to buy so you dont waste it?!

Tinglesnark
01-04-2010, 11:41 AM
there is so much to choose from!
i have chosen the playhouse and the classroom musical instrument pack but that leaves me with a fiver to spend :rolleyes:
am i wasting the grant? i have no musical instruments and i would like the play house but thats my whole grant gone on 2 things....
any suggestions?

Little Bear
01-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Every county has a different set up. In Amber Vally we have to apply for the funding inc business plans, business health check, application form and everything must be linked to EYFS and Ofsted Report making the outcomes for children better. We can apply for min £2500 and max £5000.
Our applications go to a panel and there is no guarantee of getting any funding!!!!
Only got 2 weeksleft to apply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chimps Childminding
01-04-2010, 05:22 PM
I used mine to buy things that I would like, but probably wouldn't afford to buy myself for a while, ie Playhouse, large sandpit, climbing wall thingy (£400+) and also construction toys for use in the sandpit, ie digger, wheelbarrow, cement mixer. Using the grant money meant that I bought better quality items than I probably would have bought myself!!!

sarah707
01-04-2010, 05:30 PM
We had £240 but we had to spend it in a specific shop which was very expensive but good quality.

I got big blocks and a wild animal book and puppet basket which the children do enjoy.

I would say spend everything you can, it's money many areas haven't even been given! :D

~Chelle~
01-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Kristen how did you get the grant, I havent heard anything about getting one. What council do you come under?

Chelle x

mojo0403
01-04-2010, 07:13 PM
I got £50 :eek: not much you can spend with that.

Tinglesnark
01-04-2010, 07:43 PM
chelle, im under kent (maidstone council) call up ncma and ask for details mate :thumbsup:

thanks folks - im deffo buying the playhouse and the basic box of musical instruments and that leaves me with £25 and i just cant decide what to get with it haha

Tinglesnark
02-04-2010, 07:46 AM
ok so i have narrowed it down and am now buying;

play house
basic music pack
boat shaped sand box/paddlingpool
pair of lacing shoes
dominoes
* last 2 were just trying to push the total as close to £250 as i could and my total was

£249.97

im quite impressed as most things aren't rounded up. the great thing is that they have now ditched the delivery charges so we can just use the whole of the grant :D

Helen Dempster
02-04-2010, 06:25 PM
there is so much to choose from!
i have chosen the playhouse and the classroom musical instrument pack but that leaves me with a fiver to spend :rolleyes:
am i wasting the grant? i have no musical instruments and i would like the play house but thats my whole grant gone on 2 things....
any suggestions?

Tell me about it, I spent most of my evening last night going through it all painstakingly!!! I've now narrowed it down to 32 items!!!!!! :blush: I need to go through this now and see what I really really need/want. The thing I most want and I'm definitely going to get is a dark den, as I've been wanting one for ages, but at almost £50, it's not something I could justify buying (until now!) It's not easy is it? Might get a doll's house and some smaller bits and pieces.

SimplyLucy
02-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Sounds great.

We got a story sack each :rolleyes: They were pretty naff too and half the stuff in them fell apart :rolleyes:

beccas
02-04-2010, 07:29 PM
i could spend upto £5000 just waiting to hear if i got it or not, rang the la yesterday they said they sat a panel that day but only did half might find out in next 2 weeks.....:clapping: so excited if i get anything i will be pleased as its not my money so doesnt matter.