PDA

View Full Version : Last day of making lo's lunches!

pinklady
01-04-2010, 08:29 AM
As of Tuesday all of my lo's are bringing a packed lunch! I feel so liberated!
:happy banana: :happy banana: :happy banana:
I will also be charging for evening meals which should make me feel better about 90% of her dinners going in the bin this week :angry:

mama2three
01-04-2010, 08:47 AM
wish id started off like this.. how have parents taken the change? One of my mindees is so fussy and it drives me mad!!

miss mopple
01-04-2010, 09:04 AM
last day for me too :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

solly
01-04-2010, 09:16 AM
All my parents supply lunches and evening meals as they all like different things to eat. I like it that way as it certainly makes my life a bit easier as its bad enough trying to sort out what to feed my own family

pinklady
01-04-2010, 01:32 PM
wish id started off like this.. how have parents taken the change? One of my mindees is so fussy and it drives me mad!!

2 out of 3 parents were fine but 1 set put up a bit of a battle saying they couldn't afford to pay for her food. Clearly I can afford to feed her! :rolleyes:

youarewhatyoueat
01-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Always done pack lunches, its great when the weather is nice you can have a picnic without having to organise food, just take all the bags with you, I bought some mini freezer packs to pop in the bags to take out.
The only pain is they take up room in my fridge when they arrive in the morning, especially if i've just been shopping I'm having to cram them in.

funemnx
01-04-2010, 04:07 PM
I've had more fall-out since I stopped doing meals than when I hiked up my charges by 25p an hour!!! I too feel liberated, no more having to cook an evening meal for 4 or 5 fussy children, only to put most of it in the bin and then start on our family evening meal. I honestly don't know how I did it for so long!

pinklady
01-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Luckily I've got another fridge in my garage because I was a bit worried about where to put the lunch boxes too! Although most schools and nurseries only have a lunch trolley.

I'm still providing an evening meal, just not for free any more.

SammyM
01-04-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm starting my business as I mean to go on!!!

If here for full days then they bring a packed lunch, I will cook tea if required for £3 extra per day, or bring tea too if they want to eat at a reasonable time!

God I'm harsh!!!!!!!!

LittleStar's
01-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Do they not argue that they want what the other's have?? I provide meals , my fee is adjusted to include this, I like it that they all have the same!

The Juggler
07-04-2010, 07:48 AM
I still provide but started charging 1st March. It is liberating as now when I spent quite a bit of money on the good food I know I'm getting at least 2/3rds back from parents. It was starting to eat a massive hole in my earnings.