PDA

View Full Version : variation granted

Rach30
11-12-2007, 09:50 PM
:D Yhey !!! I got a phone call from ofsted (number with held i'd like to point out ) to say they are granting my request for a variation so i can mind the sibling of a girl i already mind after christams . That means on a tues & thurs for 4 hours i'll have 2 one year olds and 2 four year olds . BUsy busy busy :laughing:* Being as i haven't had an inspection yet i wouldn't be suprised if i got a phone call in the new year

berkschick
11-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Thats great news, well done!

How long did it take for Ofsted to get back to you with their decision? Its a route I might have to go down in the new year for a few hours a week.

Love

Debbie

Lou
11-12-2007, 09:58 PM
Well done.

I have had to request a variation before in the past and i would reccomend doing it as early as poss as they do not rush with it!!!

Remember they will only normally grant a variation for continuation of care, or for siblings.

Lou xxx

Rach30
11-12-2007, 10:08 PM
They said they aim to deal with it within 2 weeks of recieving your letter and TBH they did , so not long at all really.

angeldelight
11-12-2007, 10:52 PM
That is great news well done

Angel xx

Mollymop
12-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Well done! Nice news to hear before xmas:)
Sandra XX

Rubybubbles
12-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Well done!

I had a variation request back in Dec 05 and they did my inspection at the same time!:rolleyes: said better than sending out a person twice as without been inspected how could they make the decision! So well done

oakie dokie
12-12-2007, 02:13 PM
i have just had variation to mind 2 under ones, i only needed it for 5 weeks till one turns 1. i had to speed things up with ofsted as they tend to drag their feet a little.

hazelx:thumbsup:

Shirlwith3
13-12-2007, 01:39 PM
That is good news and on hear from so soon afterwards, as I might have to ask for one too. My partenr's mum has just gone on Maternity leave and terminated her contract but has asked if I could maybe have both arounf June -July time but she has not said any more to me about it though.

netty
14-12-2007, 11:05 PM
I requested a variation in september this year. It took four weeks from requesting to been in place.I sent in a grid showing the childrens days and times and a risk assessment of how we would get to and from school with the children has I do not drive i.e double buggy which aged children would hold the pram, crossing patrol to cross roads ect. They did not come out to see me it all was just posted out to me.

Netty xxx:thumbsup:

nannan
16-12-2007, 01:18 PM
thats good news its nice to know ofsted can get things sorted out in the time they say that they will, well done

Cammie Doodle
16-12-2007, 04:27 PM
They were very quick with my variation , I send cover letter explaining how I proposed to cope , I told them I had enough equipment, resourses and experience to cope with the 2 babies under 1 . (I read somewhere that if I could prove to Ofsted that I had thought through how I would manage there would be no problems issuing my variation ) and there was no hold up at all !!!!! Hope that made sense ;)
June

charleyfarley
16-12-2007, 05:53 PM
Well done.

They'll certainly keep you busy

Carol xx

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
17-12-2007, 09:49 AM
Last time I asked for a variation it took around 2 months and by then it was too late the parents had gone else where.

I will need to sort out a variation when I have my baby in June so hopefully they will allow it, I have applied for two variations now and have had them both accepted, so fingers crossed this time.

At least you didn't have to wait long.

Lorraine xx

Rubybubbles
17-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Last time I asked for a variation it took around 2 months and by then it was too late the parents had gone else where.

I will need to sort out a variation when I have my baby in June so hopefully they will allow it, I have applied for two variations now and have had them both accepted, so fingers crossed this time.

At least you didn't have to wait long.

Lorraine xx

I need a variation for July! I wonder with the new EYFS starting in Sept how quick they'll be to sort it out!! I'm going to applie in April with all my ages, dates ect, parents need to know don't they!

Emma

Banana
23-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Great news

well done

xxx

mrsbumbles
02-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Just had my variation granted ,Ofsted called this morning , i can now mind 4 children under 4, 3 days a week, they granted my request very quickly, i applied for it on 14/12/07 so it has only taken them 2wks WOW!!!!:thumbsup:

miffy
02-01-2008, 01:12 PM
That's great news - well done

Bet Ofsted are just catching up on paperwork over christmas rather than doing inspections which is good for you

Miffy x

Lou
02-01-2008, 01:13 PM
great news, well done!!!

manjay
02-01-2008, 01:31 PM
well done you!!

amanda xx

deeb66
08-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Well done - pleased to hear it worked out for you