PDA

View Full Version : mindee just threw up all over the table at dinner!

mumx3
31-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Hi all,

Just had a pretty awful tea time, a mindee who was off the whole of last week due to a virus came back yesterday. Better (no temp) but still not right. Sleeping more than normal and eating less. I had him again today and he hardly ate or drank anything all day, This evening he seemed hungry and ate the first bite of his dinner (a favourite). He was about to have the next spoonful when he threw up everywhere, over himself, me, the table and floor...whilst other kids were at the table. Not nice. Just at that moment his mum arrived! He was screaming and covered in vomit sat in the high chair with me doing damage control. She cleaned him up and I did myself the table and floor.

Whilst cleaning him up she was talking about him coming to me tomorrow. And how she hates leaving him if he is ill but has to work. I said it wouldnt be fair on the other kids (given they are still all not back to their normal selves following a horrid tummy upset virus).

I thought I had made it clear that I wouldnt have him tomorrow and she has just text to say he has just eaten at home and is fine...and that she will see how he is with breakfast in the morning. and let me know if he is coming!!!!:panic:

My illness policy says he should stay away for 48 hours...but she is saying he isnt ill just brought up what he was eating.

I am no doctor but if a child vomits surely they are ill!

help and advice please

little miss chatterbox
31-03-2010, 06:10 PM
i wouldn't have him either! it wouldn't be your food as that wouldn't make him ill after 1 spoonful. I suspect he was feeling a bit poorly and eating food made him sick! nothing to do with your food at all

stick to your guns and refuse him

little chickee
31-03-2010, 06:12 PM
You need to phone or text to tell her that he obviously isnt over the bug he had last week and now needs to stay off for 48 hours.

If he can be so violently sick after 1 mouthful of food he is clearly unwell.

I would sympathasize with her needing to go to work but you have yourself and the other kids to think about. If you get sick you will nedd to close for at least 48 hours and possibly more so it is in her best interests in the long run.

Be Firm!