PDA

View Full Version : Can i do this??

Fabby
31-03-2010, 05:32 PM
I have verbally agreed prices with parents and orginally the enquiry was for 5 full days but when she spoke to her aunt who cares for her now, she got upset and still wanted her on the monday therefore only needing me for 4 days. Now, obviously at the time i was so excited because it was first proper enquiry and agreed to pay for the 4 days but now i have realised that it will be quite difficult to fill the space for the one day that i have that space for.... When we go to sign contracts (not done yet cos waiting for my certificate) can i mention it to her then that i will have to charge for the space which is therefore over 5 days and charge the extra or shall i just count my losses and learn from this lesson??
What would you do in this situation?? Thanks guys x

LisaMcNally09
31-03-2010, 05:34 PM
As its your first mindee I would explain to her that you can charge just for 4 days at the minute but if you get further enquiries you may need to charge her for 5 days if you have to turn down work for it. IYSWIM

Chimps Childminding
31-03-2010, 05:35 PM
If she wants the same 4 days every week, I would just charge for this. To be honest 4 days is more full time than we every seem to get round here so I would snatch her hand off :laughing: The chances are you will probably be able to fill the monday with someone else. I would only charge the 5 days if she was wanting 4 flexible days out of 5 (ie not the same days every week)!

caz3007
31-03-2010, 05:44 PM
I would also just charge for the 4 days if they are regular each week. We dont get much call for full time around here, so in my eyes 4 days is full time and I would enjoy having the Monday if I couldnt fill it, to catch up on housework, etc

Fabby
31-03-2010, 05:59 PM
yeah i can see what you mean, my greedy head is on tonight i think!! hehe

Alibali
31-03-2010, 07:13 PM
I charge a different rate for part timers as it is more difficult to fill the unused days. I charge £3 more per day for part timers, so I suppose you could do this as when you discussed fees it was for a full time space.

AliceK
31-03-2010, 08:03 PM
I would just charge for the 4 days. You may be suprised about it being difficult to fill the 1 day.
I had a space on a Monday and a Friday. A parent put her LO with me on the Monday morning and then said she also wanted the Friday morning then called me yesterday to say actually she wants me to have her LO till 6pm on a Friday so now it's all sorted and apart from Mon afternoon I am now full. Funnily you always seem to get calls that just happen to fit in with any odd times you might have free.

xxxxx

estrelas
31-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Same here, charge for the 4 days
People just can't afford to pay more...... Also when your full you will be glad of a quiet day honestly xx

angiemog
31-03-2010, 08:41 PM
I would charge for the 4 days too. x

SparklingGems
31-03-2010, 09:31 PM
You could possibly fill the monday I have had two queries for one day a week so you never know goodluck :thumbsup:

The Juggler
31-03-2010, 09:57 PM
I would just charge the 4 days if they are fixed. You'd be surprised at the number of part-time enquiries for 1 days, 2 days. I'm sure you'll fill it. Good luckx

tulip0803
31-03-2010, 10:53 PM
I would charge just 1 day a week. I have a LO that comes only one day. Very rare to find a full 5 days a week contract. Before I moved I was as full as I wanted and not one full-timer.

singlewiththree
01-04-2010, 06:56 AM
I find I get loads of enquiries for just 1 or 2 days so I would just charge for the 4 too.