PDA

View Full Version : Advice please (update)

cherry
19-03-2008, 04:35 PM
I collect children from the school bus every afternoon then parents collect from me.

I've just had a parent tell me that one of my minded children who's 7 was hitting another child on the bus stop yesterday morning, continued doing so on the bus and when the bus driver told him to stop, was called names.

I asked this child why he was hitting the other child and he said he did it because the other child wouldn't sit next to him!!!!

Now. do I tell the parent about this as she just drops him off at the bus stop and drives off, so she never sees what he gets up to.

I have said to him that he should tell his mum when she collects him tonight.

What do you think I should do, is it any of my business as I didn't see what
happened.

Well, mother came and I told her what had happened. She just said Ok thanks took his Easter egg from me and left. :rolleyes:

angeldelight
19-03-2008, 04:37 PM
It is your business because you have been told about the incident

I know you did not see anything but yes I would tell the parent so they can sort it out

You do not want parents to be coming up to you with complaints - let the parent sort it out

If he called the driver names it needs to be nipped in the bud also and this is down to the parents and not you

Angel xx

Tatia
19-03-2008, 05:01 PM
I'd tell, as well. Otherwise he could end up off the bus and Mum would be up the creek then.

Just make sure to maintain confidentiality afterwards. Like if the other parent who informed you comes along, don't be tempted (not that you would!) to fill her in on what's happened.

flora
19-03-2008, 05:13 PM
As the other parent told you, then just pass the info onto mum. Don't pass judgement or anything just tell her what the other mum told you.

As mum, it's up to her to follow up with her son.

If you ever see bad behaviour when you collect him then you can deal with him , explaining that that behaviour is unacceptable and we'll have to tell mum........ and pass on the incident to mum so she is aware. She can decide what needs doing next :thumbsup:

sarah707
19-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Yes, you've been told so you need to write it up as an incident - totally factual, make sure mum signs and let her take responsibility from here on in...

Sounds like he is having trouble knowing how to make and keep friends - could you do some puppet work with him about friendships and treating friends with care?

You could just make up some stories about 2 animals / teddies etc who are friends and fall out... when one wants to do something different maybe... and how they resolve their issues without fighting :D

angeldelight
23-03-2008, 11:24 PM
Oh well at least you mentioned it

She prob dealt with it when she got home

Angel xx