PDA

View Full Version : What is on the menu today?

Chell
31-03-2010, 09:22 AM
I'm not minding today and DS/DD have after school club so I think I'm going to do simple jacket spuds with cheese/beans or maybe homemade coleslaw.

I'm going to prepare this minestrone (http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4807/chunky-minestrone-soup?pager.offset=20) for tomorrow night as we'll be rushing to dance class and I'm minding all day.

Yesterday we had spicy root vegetable and lentil casserole (http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1364/spicy-root-and-lentil-casserole). Both these recipes are new to us, I'd Googled for recipes before doing my shopping list/meal plan this week.

mama2three
31-03-2010, 09:27 AM
mmm the casserole looks lovely - may get some lentils whilst im out.
absolutely no idea whats for dinner tonight yet - possibly something quick , easy and processed! In a really cant be bothered mood today !

LOOPYLISA
31-03-2010, 10:02 AM
My dd has her friend round after school as they have a disco tonight so it will be something easy from the freezer :D

caz3007
31-03-2010, 10:46 AM
We have shepherds pie, just made a big one for tonight and two smaller for son and small mindie to have through the holidays and no after schoolies.

Need some ideas for more batch recipies that freeze well

loocyloo
31-03-2010, 12:38 PM
DD & DS decided to have school lunch today (its a roast!) mindee arrived and he was having school lunch too, so LO and i had baked potato and left over bolognese sauce for lunch, and i have made a brocolli quiche for tea, to have hot, along with baked beans! (yogurt and fruit for pud)would usually have a more substansial meal, but i think with them having a main meal at school today, that will be fine! my other afterschool mindees will probably have a hot cross bun and some fruit!

Tatjana
31-03-2010, 01:23 PM
We had bagels with ham and homous filling, banana and/or yoghurt for after.

For dinner we're having home made lamb burgers, oven chips and side salad. Melon and kiwi for afters.

xx

AliceK
31-03-2010, 01:25 PM
We had tuna pasta for lunch followed by fruit and then yogurt. I was going to have fish pie for dinner. Do you think thats too much fish for 1 day??? Only just thought about it :eek:

xxxxx

tracey36
31-03-2010, 01:25 PM
im starting to get hungry now lol :)

charleyfarley
31-03-2010, 01:27 PM
It's homemade meatballs in tomato and garlic sauce and pasta here tonight.

Me I'm having something not fattening :thumbsup:

Carol xx

little_gems
31-03-2010, 01:35 PM
something quick and easy tonight so fish fingers, mash and veg i think

loocyloo
31-03-2010, 01:37 PM
We had tuna pasta for lunch followed by fruit and then yogurt. I was going to have fish pie for dinner. Do you think thats too much fish for 1 day??? Only just thought about it :eek:

xxxxx

made me realise that yesterday we had smoked mackeral sandwiches for lunch and tuna pasta for tea !!!

Chell
02-04-2010, 07:42 AM
We are having Falafel burgers (http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5605/falafel-burgers) with pittas and salad. My own children love these.

Tinglesnark
02-04-2010, 08:02 AM
ooooh im hungry - thoses falfel burgers sound nice :thumbsup:
treat night on friday night! were off out today so i think a double treat is in order! im pushing for nandos for lunch and dominos for dinner hahah!

ooooh good job its just us or id be lynched by ofsted! :laughing: