PDA

View Full Version : Just gained a 14 year old mindee!

SimplyLucy
30-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Just been chatting to a neighbour of mine on Facebook. She has had a few issues with her 14 yr old daughter, smoking, wrong crowd all the normal teenage things.

They have grounded her, but as her and her husband work they have used me as a threat (with my permission). Next slip up and she'll come to my house after school each day! :laughing: :laughing:

It's not likely to happen but the poor girl will be so embarrassed if her parents make her come to me. She is a lovely girl so I wouldn't mind!

Dreading my 4 becoming teenagers!

sarah707
31-03-2010, 06:31 AM
I have a 14 year old who comes after school some days as she doesn't like going home to an empty house!

She does her homework, has tea, plays with the little ones and is generally a pleasure to have around. :D

mummyof3
31-03-2010, 06:48 AM
I have a 14yr old mindee he is older sibling to the 2 I look after. Mum rarely takes up the place but she does threaten him with coming to me when he misbehaves ;) he is a joy to have around when he does come well apart from when he laughs at my poor attempt at craft work :laughing:

RedDragon
31-03-2010, 07:23 AM
My old mindee who went to "big school" has come back 1 day a week because there is no one free to take him home from school 1 day a week.

Might be the making of the girl - she might even make a new career of Childcare if she likes what you do :)