PDA

View Full Version : Quick help needed

Fabby
30-03-2010, 05:09 PM
What do all charge or do for term time only contracts?

mama2three
30-03-2010, 05:10 PM
normal rates , plus half fee retainer in the hols.

babs
30-03-2010, 05:11 PM
didnt want to read and not post .. srry hun i dont know hope someone will be round shortly before they get there ..good luck...

sandy64
30-03-2010, 05:11 PM
hi i charge half in hols but thats because im available to work if you dont want to work then i wouldnt charge hope this helps

miffy
30-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Normal rates and just a token weekly retainer in the holidays (this is because I have other children that come holidays only)

Miffy xx

auntym
30-03-2010, 05:33 PM
I charge full fee term time, and half fee holidays hon, have had the same family for 7years, works for them and me, i add the 39 wks full pay to the 13wks half pay and divide by 12 and get the same every month

Toothfairy
30-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Full fees for term time and half fees as a retainer in the holidays.

little_gems
30-03-2010, 06:34 PM
i charge half for school holidays. and if they want to come for the day then its normal prices

carol cameron
30-03-2010, 07:42 PM
I charge full fee each week in the term- whether the child attends or not but don't charge any fee for the school holidays. I also have children who just come in the holidays .It works for me.

youarewhatyoueat
30-03-2010, 08:26 PM
I do term time only contracts because it suits me not to work in the hols. I charge slightly differently to everyone else as I charge roughly a £1 more per hour than other minders near me and then don't charge in the holidays but I do offer adhoc emergency care over the holidays.It works well for me and the teachers I have are happy.
You can offer what you like and negotiate a contract that you and the parents are happy with.

The Juggler
31-03-2010, 06:58 AM
I don't charge as I prefer to have days not working in school hols to spend with my two.

edayhouse
31-03-2010, 07:19 AM
I charge a higher rate term time only and i dont charge anything over the holidays as i dont really want to work them!

suzyblue
31-03-2010, 07:29 AM
I charge term time only as I prefer to be a bit quieter in the hols and just have my under 5's. If the term time only space was for an under 5 year old I would charge a retainer for the hols. (does that make sense?)

AliceK
31-03-2010, 09:07 AM
I charge full fee each week in the term- whether the child attends or not but don't charge any fee for the school holidays. I also have children who just come in the holidays .It works for me.

Same here. No charge for school hols but that's because I'm grateful for the time with fewer children so that I can spend more time with my own. I think most childminders charge some kind of retainer fee for school hols though so don't feel bad if thats what you want to do.

xxxxxx

SparklingGems
31-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Im only newly registered but Im not going to charge in school hols for term time only. I have had an enquiry for holiday care only so maybe it will work out good for me. I just decided that I dint want to have to hold the space open

singlewiththree
31-03-2010, 04:27 PM
I charge term time only and my normal rate there are lots of childminders in my area so this ensures I get the term time only contracts.

AnnieM
31-03-2010, 04:35 PM
I charge full normal fee during term time and a half fee retainer in the holidays, if they wish to use the place one day then I just charge the remaining half fee. I do have a couple of older children who are holidays only too, but don't charge them anything term time.
At the end of the day it is your business and you charge how you like. ;)