PDA

View Full Version : daily diaries

sarahcoutts21
19-03-2008, 02:09 PM
hey all me again im afraid ok i was thinking bout doing daily diaries for the kids in my care but OMG where do i start please can some help!! iwould love ot make it myself and not buy becuase im quite computer literate so i would give it bash!!

ma7ie
19-03-2008, 02:14 PM
There's a link here that might help http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4763

Pipsqueak
19-03-2008, 02:21 PM
:D Dead easy

1 x A5 booklet
Digital camera

Front page picture of child, some details - name when started

Date your page as you use it, jot few details (can stick your post it note obs in), add in few photos every so often with brief details...

et volia and you satisfy EYFS too...

:D

sarah707
19-03-2008, 02:24 PM
I have like Vik but I use an exercise book... and I put a note in the front encouraging feedback and comments from parents - EYFS is big on the partnership thing :D

Tily Bud
19-03-2008, 02:38 PM
ive just started doing daily diaries, mainly what we do throughout the day, any achievements and photos. ive asked for parents to write in , up to now they seem to be telling me what child has to eat after they go home and who they saw at the weekend :eek: not too sure if this is the kind of parent feedback that is required x

Twinkles
19-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Sarah, I make my own ,A4 paper printed on both sides, they have room for what we did, how lo was, what they've eaten and how many wet/dirty nappies there have been. Also a bit on the back for notes from home.
If you pm me your e-mail I'll send you a copy to give you an idea.

sarahcoutts21
19-03-2008, 03:59 PM
io have just made my own with date what they did the mood of the child nappy changing time arrived time left parents comments and signature and my signature and its colourful just saved it on my usb key so i have the inserts to hand so i did good!! thanks for the help didnt think about obs so have done a sheet for that and its good too will impress care commission im sure!!

:)

avril
19-03-2008, 04:15 PM
I use an exercise book also and jot nappy changing, nap times, what ate for snacks/lunch/tea, what we did/were went, mood etc...
Then also note my holidays in the front and stick in a copy of my complaints policy so they always have a copy to hand.

Avril x:)

sarahcoutts21
19-03-2008, 04:30 PM
thank you very much guys

avril
19-03-2008, 04:33 PM
I use an exercise book also and jot nappy changing, nap times, what ate for snacks/lunch/tea, what we did/were went, mood etc...
Then also note my holidays in the front and stick in a copy of my complaints policy so they always have a copy to hand.

Avril x:)

That sounds like I have had many complaints doesn't it? Honestly I haven't had a single one!!!!!!!!!!!!:jump for joy:

Avril x