PDA

View Full Version : Parking ticket

cherry
30-03-2010, 12:16 PM
I came back to the car this morning only to find a £70 parking ticket on the windscreen.

I had bought a ticket but without thinking put it in my purse (with the other car parks you pay on the way out)

Do you think it’s worth writing to NCP and explaining?

RachelE
30-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Oh dear,

- anythings worth a shot at saving some money.

But, I think it does say that the ticket has to be displayed, so you may not get anywhere I'm afraid!

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Rachel x

Toothfairy
30-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Yes, I did the exact same thing. Hubby wrote in for me and they let me off.

little miss chatterbox
30-03-2010, 12:26 PM
oh no how awful! I probably would have put it in my purse too!

It wont hurt to contact them - you have the ticket as evidence that you brought it when you parked so it wont hurt to ask!

Good luck!

miffy
30-03-2010, 12:30 PM
I know you should display the ticket but it will show that you bought it when you parked so it's definitely worth a letter.

Hope they are sympathetic!

Miffy xx

The Juggler
30-03-2010, 01:18 PM
I know you should display the ticket but it will show that you bought it when you parked so it's definitely worth a letter.

Hope they are sympathetic!

Miffy xx

I agree as ticket will show time you bought it (proving you didn't buy it afterwards) but they might say it belonged to someone else. Worth a try though hon.

helenlc
30-03-2010, 01:25 PM
I agree its worth a try. You have the ticket so can prove you paid for parking.

Explain that you usually use other car parks where you have to take your ticket with you and pay on the way out.

They can only say No, but hopefully they will let you off.

angel9199
30-03-2010, 01:26 PM
I got a ticket once as the ticket I bought had fallen off windscreen, I wrote and put a photocopy of the ticket I had bought in with the letter, and they let me away with it, so you should def try

LOOPYLISA
30-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Can but try :thumbsup:

desiderata
30-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Yea try it. Is it one of those with your number plate on cos that would prove it completely. Good luck

Chatterbox Childcare
30-03-2010, 01:43 PM
I would send it to the company with a letter and say that it fell on the floor

cherry
30-03-2010, 02:14 PM
The ticket has my number plate and time I bought it, so I'm going to give it a try.

Will let you know what happens

MissTinkerbell
30-03-2010, 02:43 PM
I got a ticket once as the ticket I bought had fallen off windscreen, I wrote and put a photocopy of the ticket I had bought in with the letter, and they let me away with it, so you should def try

WE must live with a really stingy council. This happened to my dad and he did exactly the same but was told that he hadn't adequately displayed the ticket, which was a requirement and he still needed to pay the fine.

Dad went to the local radio station's HelpDesk and they managed to sort it for him in the end - obviously didn't want the bad publicity in the end!

wendywu
30-03-2010, 03:29 PM
I would bluff it out and say the car parking attendant needs glasses. The ticket was there all the time and he just did not see it. AND you have the ticket as proof. :p

Alibali
30-03-2010, 04:30 PM
It's defo worth a try.

angiemog
30-03-2010, 05:01 PM
I would bluff it out and say the car parking attendant needs glasses. The ticket was there all the time and he just did not see it. AND you have the ticket as proof. :p

They actually take photos now of the dash board I know this because................ I put mine face down when I called they told me they could see the ticket on the photo so let me off.

The other time it had slid down again was only slighty visible......but they did let me off again.

I would call but tell the truth incase they too have a photo..... mine were in 2 completely different parts of the country and both times they had a photo.
Good Luck. x

patevans
30-03-2010, 05:16 PM
I would send it to the company with a letter and say that it fell on the floor

this happened to me I slammed the door and it blew onto the floor and they let me off :clapping:

little_gems
30-03-2010, 06:37 PM
just say it fell off the window!!!:blush: and send a copy of the ticket . they might let u off.

cherry
30-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Well, I've just completed the form online. I said it fell off the dashboard (lets hope they didn't take a photo). Submitted a picture of the parking and fine ticket.

Fingers crossed it works.

Heaven Scent
30-03-2010, 07:33 PM
I'd be inclined to say it fell off the window too - it happens loads - it happened to me but thankfully I didn't get a ticket.

Theys recently introduced parking fees in our town and twice now I've gone to the library for Rhyme time and had to rush out to put a ticket on the car - the first time I forgot to take my keys and had to put it sticking out behind the wing mirror which folds in when you lock the car.

Ive also put the voucher half that you can use in shops to reclaim the fee on the windscreen and kept the ticket but noticed before leaving the car park - too much to do unloading kiddies and pushcairs then loading the push chair and putting wrist straps on LO's then do what ever it is you need to do within a tight time scale plus remember what it is you went out for - no wonder mistakes can be made. Fingers crossed they let you off.

I got a ticket once when I went shopping before christmas when my 2 were little and I forgot to buy a ticket but was too late when I rememberd but it said on the ticket if I paid it on the day in the local office it would be half the fee and when I read the small print while waiting to pay - it did say that if you had bought a ticket and could prove it they would let you off - remember there will be CCTV footage so you can prove it was your ticket.

cherry
07-04-2010, 11:25 AM
I got a letter in the post today saying that as I provided a valid ticket for the time the notice was issued the charge has been cancelled :clapping: :clapping:

peanuts
07-04-2010, 11:39 AM
bet your glad

The Juggler
07-04-2010, 11:40 AM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: wow, that's great news

Blue Boy
07-04-2010, 03:25 PM
you could try but I think you will bevery lucky.

tracey36
07-04-2010, 03:26 PM
its worth a try £70 is a lot to pay especially as you know you brought the ticket

christine e
07-04-2010, 04:22 PM
I got a letter in the post today saying that as I provided a valid ticket for the time the notice was issued the charge has been cancelled :clapping: :clapping:

Good for you!:jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

miffy
07-04-2010, 05:49 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Well done!

Miffy xx