PDA

View Full Version : welcome pack????

hop04
29-03-2010, 09:02 PM
hi all just wondered if you could share what sort of things you have in your welcome packs for new parents. I've started with intro into me, family, training etc then explanation on eyfs, example of a few activities( photos etc) and how I share info learning journeys, diaries etc... Can you lovely people think of anything else? Thanks in advance x

Andrea08
29-03-2010, 09:37 PM
aarrr well we was just talking about this today..

one friend has a file she gives out with her details and hr fees etc
most of her policies and then the permission forms etc at the back with questionnares..

looking at it , i have to say its nice but a lot of ink esp if you give it out and they dont start with you and so on..

i have a web site and most of my info is on that and they are fee to view all updates etc when they want..

to print off every policy for every family and visitor could be costly esp with my ink lol so maybe make a list of your policies and say they are fee to view at xyz times of the day...

i have noticed that school nurseries have big books with info but policies are not included.. go get a few examples from schools and nurseries in your area and see what ideas you can get from them..

let us know what you come up with xx

hop04
30-03-2010, 08:58 AM
I was thinking more of like a welcome folder to show new parents, visitors and mrs O. When parents do start I've got a little booklet discussing fees hols etc n then give out permission slips, policies etc. Just thought a welcome folder would be nice to show off different activities we do.

Toothfairy
30-03-2010, 12:17 PM
My Parent pack is given to parents when they enquire about a space, so it contains;

* A brief outline on myself, my background, my qualifications, my family, my contact details etc.
* My mission statement
* Hours of work & Fees (includes types of payments excepted, settling in period, sickess policy, termination of contract)
* House rules
* A typical day at my setting
* Activities & daily diaries
* Copy of my long term planning for that year
* Information for parents about EYFS
* A list of all my policies & prcedures (they are given in full to the parents when signing contracts)
* Healthy Packed Lunch ideas (I don't provide meals)
* Who supplies what sheet (nappies, sun block etc)
* Useful telephone numbers (Ofsted, NCMA, CFIC)
* Equal Opportunity policy
* Safeguarding Children Policy
* Complaints policy & procedure

I hope that helps

heatherw
30-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Im still waiting on my first enquiry and so far my welcome pack looks tiny compared with that! I think I need to do some more work on it!

hop04
01-04-2010, 01:11 PM
wow toothfairy that sounds fantastic!! I've made a start on it including what eyfs is, normal day, how I share information, n all about me, quals etc.. Toothfairy you've inspired me some more and to get it finished!! X

Toothfairy
01-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Your very welcome, PM me if you need any more help. :thumbsup:

moljak
18-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Hi

I am in the process of writing a takeawy type of leaflet.You know the type, A4 paper folded into 3.

I thought I could write a little about myself ans setting, fees and opening hours and how to arrange a contact meeting.

Planned to carry some in my bag at all times and possibly leave a school office, library ect.

then I have a welcome booklet which covers a bit for for people who are making genuine enquiries with a view to book a place :)

Emz
18-04-2010, 06:39 PM
My Parent pack is given to parents when they enquire about a space, so it contains;

* A brief outline on myself, my background, my qualifications, my family, my contact details etc.
* My mission statement
* Hours of work & Fees (includes types of payments excepted, settling in period, sickess policy, termination of contract)
* House rules
* A typical day at my setting
* Activities & daily diaries
* Copy of my long term planning for that year
* Information for parents about EYFS
* A list of all my policies & prcedures (they are given in full to the parents when signing contracts)
* Healthy Packed Lunch ideas (I don't provide meals)
* Who supplies what sheet (nappies, sun block etc)
* Useful telephone numbers (Ofsted, NCMA, CFIC)
* Equal Opportunity policy
* Safeguarding Children Policy
* Complaints policy & procedure

I hope that helps

Wow toothfairy thats quite a list, thanks for sharing ideas x